t h r e e

"Here, I almost forgot to give you this" At the orphanage's doorway, Kakucho handed out one of those stationary (f/c) envelopes that you loved to use and two brown-colored booklets to his childhood friend.

Izana immediately recognized the booklets to be the passports that you had once forced them to get with you. Though they knew that the three of you were too broke to go anywhere outside the country, you still urged them to get one just in case.

He was intrigued as to why Kakucho gave him the passports, he guessed that the envelope that Kakucho gave holds the answer. Slowly, he pulled the envelope from the ravenette's hands before opening it. His eyebrows furrowed reading what the envelope contained.

"An ATM card and... plane tickets? To the Philippines?" he uttered, his face visibly confused.

"(Y/n) booked them a long time ago. There's supposed to be three. But since I'm not going, I took my ticket out."

"How did she even afford this? I don't remember her working any jobs. Unless she worked multiple jobs while I was in jail," he beckoned. A plane ticket is too expensive for an unemployed, not to mention orphaned, young adult to avail-- and you bought three.

Kakucho shook his head, "She once told us that her deceased parents left a sum of money in the bank, right? She probably withdrew it from the bank when she turned 18. That should've been for her college education, but silly girl probably spent about half of it for this."

Izana could recall that you had mentioned something about that—once or twice maybe. He honestly couldn't remember. However, what he could remember was him telling you once about his Filipino roots after he learned about it in the worst way possible (probably the reason why you chose to go to the Philippines out of all the places in the world). 

That was one of the darkest days of his life—his mom telling him that he wasn't his son and that the people whom he thought to be his family, weren't his family after all.

He came to the orphanage that day crying, locking himself up in the storage room, and somehow you had found him. Though he made several attempts to shoo you away, wanting to be left alone, you and your stubbornness did not allow that to happen. At the end of the day, he cried his heart out before sleeping in your arms.

That was probably one of few moments in his 20 years of living that he had exposed his vulnerable self.

And for a moment, he was glad that it was you he was with.

"Anyway, if you decide to go, I think you should quickly pack up now," Kakucho spoke, snapping him off his thoughts.

"Why?" he asked before examining the tickets himself.

===========

Passenger Name: Kurokawa, Izana