Part 1

Seventeen year old Ewan Theo Bristler had captivating, olive green eyes that glittered and danced in the sun. Little spatters of freckles lined his cheeks in an abstract and fun manner. Light orange curls hung over his rather large forehead, which covered a fading scar from a mishap at a young young age. He held himself with little confidence and shied away from confrontations. A smart boy, but not studious. It was his red hair that he hated the most. The mop stood out from the rest of his class, subsequently making him a victim of endless teasing and embarrassment.

***

FTWEET! Students darting around, shoes squeaking against the smooth wooden floor, I stood back knowing full well my opponents would target me as soon as the game started. One dodgeball managed to bash my left eye as others whizzed through the air and past me, knocking out others. Laughter echoed throughout the spacious gymnasium as classmates clutched their stomachs, rolling around on the ground.

"Got you again, redhead!" Derek sneered as he threw yet another ball at my crumpled form.

I didn't bother to retort back and gingerly got up from the shiny hardwood floor, a hand to my black and blue eye as I fumbled to fix my crumpled shirt. The coach finally approached us from the stands.

"Oi, what's wrong?!" he bellowed.

"Carrot boy here, tripped over his own feet," the bully teased and let out a short snicker.

***

Derek Fritz Ashford possessed piercing crystal-like baby blue eyes that made everybody jealous. Not only that, but he had thick eyebrows and an angular square jaw. His whole face screamed danger. Golden-brown flowy hair fell just below his wide boulder-like shoulders with which he typically pulled back into a manbun. He stood at 6 foot 4 and towered over me. Derek wore his features proudly and was not afraid to flaunt his eye color and luscious hair around everyone. This bully's entire look perfectly described how much of a jerk he was too, which aggravated my feelings of frustration and annoyance towards him even more so.