𝟎𝟏 | 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞

Everyone makes mistakes

Everyone makes mistakes. Don't they?

It was a cruel world where two people fall in love, their memory resets, to test if their love will last and will bring them back to each other.

People would say it's a myth, but it's real. No one truly remembers their first love and their memories together.

No one.

Was loving someone that hard? Yes, it is. It terrifies me. I hate the idea of love. Loving someone is scary, the pain that you have to go through just for a pathetic guy? The one that you have long forgotten?

I tried to find him, I tried to remember him, I tried everything. But I can't find anything.

Sometimes, I wonder why humanity thinks that "love" is beautiful. It looks pretty shitty to me.

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

Someone is calling my name. Again and again.

Jennie...Jennie..Jennie...

"Jen!" Oh. It was him, the guy that I couldn't even see his face. The guy that appeared in my dreams since the day I gave up finding him.

"You're late." I couldn't stop myself from saying anything, and I knew it was all a dream. And this was me in the past, talking with a boy I assumed I loved a long time ago.

"Sorry, my dad caught me sneaking out of the house—he imprisoned me in my room, but I managed to get out," he said, his chuckle lacking in humour.

"You shouldn't have come..." I murmured, my head bowed low , my hands trembling.

Was the boy's father neglectful?

"Well, I don't want you to be kept waiting for me. If I don't show up, I'm afraid you'll continue to stay here and wait until...well, who knows how long you'll be waiting for me."

"I'm sorry, but today wasn't the best day to meet up, was it?" He chuckled and hugged me after I glanced at him.

His embrace was warm. It was the warmest embrace I've ever received in my life.

His scent, his broad shoulders. Everything about this boy is perfect.

Why would his dad lock him up?

"I'm all right." He spoke.

"I never questioned whether you were all right."

"Just saying, by looking at your gleaming eyes, I can tell you wanted to ask a lot of questions."

I did want to ask a lot of questions, and that he was right.

What am I supposed to look like when I was a teenager? Do I appear to be on the verge of crying?

Have you ever thought of me since we both lost our memories? Have you ever attempted to find me?

I want to see what you looked like, I want you to convince me to not give up and keep finding you.