𝟎𝟑 | 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞

Six Years ago

Six Years ago...

"Were you with them?" The girl in front of me asked. Jung Ho Yeon is a female basketball player and one of the persons with whom I have the most conversations with, I can call her a friend.

I guess.

"With who?" I asked back.

"You know, Taehyung and his dogs." She replied with a smirk as I laughed.

"You mean Kai's bigger brother and his friends. But no, I wasn't. If I was, Kai would get mad." I said, stirring my iced coffee with a straw for nearly a minute.

"What would Kai do if he's mad? Throw a tantrum?" She scoffs, looking at the window beside us, trying to hide that she's rolling her eyes.

"Well, Kai despises that guy a lot. I can't blame him though, Taehyung is a real pain in the ass." I shrugged, finally drinking a sip of my coffee.

"But I'd prefer him over your boyfriend. He looks more tempting. And plus, I got some bad vibes from Kai. Be careful, Jane." Hoyeon told me with a look in her face. She was clearly uncomfortable from the fact that I was dating someone like Kai.

I heard rumours were spread around campus during last year about Kai. But I can't remember what it was.

He is my soulmate. I'm sure of it.

But something or someone was holding me back from my confidence of Kai being the guy that I was looking for.

Ignoring the fact that I had the audacity to think about him not genuinely liking me, I grabbed my coffee and my bag.

"I'm going home. I'll call you later, bye." I waved her off with a smile, and she waved back.

Walking out of the school cafeteria, I saw a matte black BMW sports car honking at me. Looking towards who it was, I sighed and simply looked away.

"Do you need a ride?" The man in the driving seat asked, knowing damn well that it was none other than Kim Taehyung himself.

Why me?

"No thanks, I'll call Kai to fetch me." I took out my phone and unlocked it.

"Oh come on, Kai is busy sucking on my dad's dick. That little one craves his father's attention so much he can't even spare some time with his girlfriend." He laughs.

"Just come on in, I won't bite. I'll fetch you home." He flashed a smile.

"You know where my residence is?" I lifted my brows and looked at him before returning to my phone to check whether Kai had responded to my texts.

He didn't.

Maybe I should drive to school every day instead of relying on others; I don't want to be a burden to anyone, especially Kai.