𝟎𝟒 | 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞

Present

Present...

I sense faint footsteps approaching me. It's unmistakably him.

I was alone in this dimly lit room, curled up in my bed, when I heard him place a dish next the lamp table.

"Eat." He grabbed my hand to turn it around to face him, but I smacked him away.

"Fuck off. I'm not eating anything, especially from someone like you." I groaned.

"You had a dream about me last night, didn't you?" As I glanced at him with amusement in my eyes, he laid alongside me, arms resting behind his head.

"No."

How did he know? How could he possibly know that I was dreaming about him and Kai last night?

Well, it wasn't a dream. More like a nightmare.

"Look, Jane—no, Jennie—I'm not going to hurt you. I'd like to work out a deal with you." He stated this while staring up at me, who was still wrapped in his blanket, which smelled wonderful.

A deal? With me?

"Make no attempt to make me laugh, shit face. You drugged me and locked me in this room for the rest of the night. And now you're telling me that you won't harm me? Why didn't you say that right at the start?" With a growl and a roll of the eyeballs, I hissed.

"You are aware that our parents' men are constantly on the lookout for both of us. I'm not sure why they're so desperate for us to be together." He chuckles. His voice was ironic, with just a tinge of humour. Considering that we both understood we would never be together.

"Do you believe that my 'parents' will send one of their men to come seek for me? They didn't want me, which is why I left. They want an heir to the family. A man. And I'm simply a girl they produced, nothing more." Looking down at my hands, I grit my teeth in rage and hatred. Being aware of the suffering I experienced in that abyss. I was aware that in order to earn their respect and trust, I had to follow all of their orders.

"You should've been born a boy. You're the son I should've had." One of the few things my father had spoken to me was that. I can still picture myself standing there with a hefty burden on my shoulders. Something in me enjoyed hearing that. It filled my little heart with pride

However, I was still not a boy. I never would be, either. That's all it boiled down to . Exactly what was between my legs.

And no matter what I did or how hard I worked, there would always be that.

While I was still staring at my hands, tears started to gather in my eyes, making it difficult for me to see. Taehyung is silent. It was so silent that I could only hear myself breathing.

"Not everyone has the luxury that you have, Taehyung. I worked hard to get to where I am, and I'm never looking back. Never going back to my family, and the mafia industry. I will do my job," I told him, "and you don't scare me."