Chapter 32: The Showdown

Over at Wayne Manor, Vicki Vale from the Gotham Gazette, Jack Ryder from his own TV show, every possible News Network from within a hundred mile radius came over to the Mansion to find it being burned to pieces. No ones how, when, why it was happening, but police were suspecting it to be arson, as they were seeing unidentified charred bodies that has been blown from the Mansion and were now laying lifelessly on the ground nearby. The Knightfall Protocol was underway, activated by Alfred in order to stop Heretic, aka, Bruce, the prodigal son of the Waynes. The Protocol was designed as a last resort, should something like Lincoln's Identity being exposed to the World, the explosion would leave no trace of anything behind to connect him to the Batman, both inside...and underground. Speaking of whom, Lincoln and his family arriving to see what was happening using both the Batmobile and few other armored vehicles taken from Wonder City, on account of their being so many passengers. They were about a mile away from the house, just under it's hilltop, but it appeared to be too late.

Batman:"Oh, God. Alfred..."

Lori:"It's literally the whole house. Are we sure he's even alive in there?"

Lincoln:"I don't know, but I'm not leaving without?"

Lynn:"How are we event gonna get to him? Not only is the place burning up, but there're reporters and people everywhere at the gates!"

Batman:"There's an off road entrance, leading back to the cave. I'll head through there, all of you head to Gotham General."

Lynn:"No way! We're doing this together, Lincoln!"

Lori:"We already lost you once...we don't want that to happen again!"

Batman:"And I don't wanna lose you! This is my fight! I have this end this!"

Luna:"Lincoln..."

Rita:"Kids...let him go. He's right."

All the sisters have been through a lot this night. They felt as if nothing could've scared them now. But this might just be it.

Lori:"If you don't come back...I'll never forgive you, Lincoln."

Leni:"Please, Linky...by safe, okay?"

Luna:"I know you'll win, Lincoln."

Luan:"You'll pull through, Linc. I know you will."

Lynn:"Kick that bastard's ass for us. Will ya, bro?"

Lucy:"You are Gotham's Savior, Brother. Don't let us down."

Lana:"I don't want you to go, Lincoln."

Lola:"Me neither..."

Lisa:"It's...been a privilege, working with you, Lincoln."

Lily:"Wincoln..."

Lynn Sr:"...Go get 'em, son."

Rita:"We love you, Lincoln."

Batman/Lincoln:"...Get away from here. And if I don't make it back...thank you...for being part of my life again."

And with that, the Dark Knight drove the batmobile over to the off road entrance to Batcave. Upon reaching it, and wasting no time driving through, the cave was already bellowing in fire, but thanks to the Batmobile's power core, he could see through it. Fortunately, when he arrived, he was lucky to see that the rest of the cave wasn't already consumed by flames. But, the ceiling above them was getting covered in fire, so it wouldn't be long before all of Wayne collapsed above him. Getting out of the Batmobile, he quickly did his best to search the cave.

Batman:"Alfred?! ALFRED?!"

Heading to the main deck, Batman could hear a gun click and turned his head to see, coming out of the smoke, was Heretic, albeit with his coat torched and blooding running down his temple as he slowly walked towards the Dark Knight, gun in hand as he pointed it directly at Lincoln's head. The unmasked Batman glared at his metaphorical brother, who always had a crazed and evil look in his eye.