Dawning The Mask (Taking Up The Mantle)

You immediately get to work.

As time goes by, you slowly begin to make yourself a suit. You first used a simple outfit to conceal your identity, that being a dark jacket over a t-shirt with Spider-Man's symbol and jeans, accompanied by a black mask with red sunglasses and a beanie to mask your face. You began taking down low-class scum who were prying on innocent people in an attempt to find Flint Marko. So far, you had come out empty handed. But you will find him.

In school, you had told Harry about what you were doing and he was fully supporting you. Though you didn't tell Gwen since you couldn't get too many people involved. You didn't want her hurt, but she has been noticing that you've been acting different.

Like one time when when were hanging out with her, just the two of you. A car suddenly speeds by with police cruiser right behind it. Acting on instinct, you take pit your phone as you pretend Natasha was calling you. Once you finished the "call", you turn back to Gwen.

Y/n: "Hey, I gotta head to the Compound. Nat needs me for something."

Gwen: "Uh, y-yeah. Go ahead."

You thanked her and apologized, not realizing how disappointed she sounded before running off to your car. However, you actually changed into your makeshift suit and went after the car chase. Gwen noticed that you didn't even go in the direction of your car, though.

Back at the Avengers Compound, you and Harry were in the workshop as you thought up some ideas for your suit. Harry's idea.

Harry: "Okay, so we gotta start small."

Y/n: "Okay."

Harry: "You already got a suit, which we're changing later, but do you have the webshooters?"

Y/n: "Uh... FRIDAY?"

FRIDAY: "Already bringing up blueprint designs for all possible webshooters."

Almost immediately, holograms of webshooter designs flood the workbench. You and Harry look at them before looking at each other.

Harry and Y/n: "Oh, boy..."

You immediately got to work on the webshooters. You chose a simple design that was small and could easily be hidden. You and Harry worked on the web formula, trying to recreate what Peter had done and maybe even make it better. There were ups and downs, but you two had finally finished the webbing and the webshooters. Now they just needed to be used.

In the dark of night, a man was getting mugged by two people. However, no one could even wrap their heads around what happened. Before anyone knew it, the muggers had been attacked and trapped on the alleyway walls by some kind of... webbing.

At school, you were at your locker before Harry came up to you.

Harry:"How're the webshooters doing?"

Y/n: "Pretty good. And their easily hidden, too."

You roll up your sleeves to show your best friend your new webshooters which were still attached to your wrist. Harry smiled at them.

 Harry smiled at them