Home Sweet Home

Yinhwa's Pov.

Upon arriving home, I found Qingqiu absent

Upon arriving home, I found Qingqiu absent. "Madam, is that you?" My personal maid rushed towards me.

"Of course, who else?" I replied, lifting her and twirling her around, evoking her surprise. "Miss!" She exclaimed as I gently set her down.

"Where's my brother?" I asked looking around, and she promptly briefed me on the situation. I kissed her cheeks, causing her to blush.

"I'm famished. Prepare some delicious food for me," I requested.

"Of course," She replied, smiling through tears. With a heavy heart yearning for my beloved sword, Ying, I rode my horse to Carp Tower.

Ascending the lengthy stairs, I overheard heated exchanges. "Clan Leader Chang, do you have the proof or not?" Jin Guangshan questioned.

"Grant me more time, Clan Leader Jin," Chang Qingqiu pleaded. "This is the final chance. How much longer?" He thundered, striking the table in frustration.

As I attempted to enter, the guards obstructed my path. "Unauthorized individuals aren't permitted," One of them declared. I smiled, trying to gain entry.

"Ah-Nao, come on! Have you forgotten me already? It's only been three years though?" I teased, and realization washed over him, coloring his cheeks.

"Miss Chang... is that you?" he asked warily, to which I nodded. "May I proceed inside?" I asked, and he nods, moving aside to allow my passage.

"How long!?" Jin Guangshan bellowed, prompting me to forcefully push the door open.

"I thank you all, for your patience," I announced, taking my place in the center. "Yinhwa!" my brother exclaimed, and I nodded understanding the situation.

"Please forgive my delay, Clan Leader Jin," I expressed, bowing respectfully before straightening. "What evidence do you require, sir?" I asked.

"If it's about the man standing so brazenly beside you, then yes. He's the one who slaughtered my family," I declared, casting a glance at my brother.