Chapter Nine

Stiles walked into the now busy streets of Beacon Hills taking a breath sitting on a bench looking at the people scurry across the road and sidewalks

He ponders the secrets being kept from him. All his life he's been left in the dark. Secrets within the pack before he was kicked out, afterwards, and now this. He bobbed his head side to side.

Someone took a seat next to him crossing his arms and legs in front of him. Neither of the men looked at each other. In fact they instead admired the people before them. The silence was deafening.

"I thought you hate me," Stiles spoke out, "why are you here?"

An exhausted breath leaves his lips before speaking. "Hotch told Lizzy, who told Isaac, who told Malia, who told me."

"So everyone knows then. That still doesn't explain why you're here, Scott."

"You're wife talked to me when you and my mom were out cold. She gives good speeches." The young Stilinski chuckles softly to himself. He turns himself to face Stiles. "I've messed up, Stiles, on a lot of things. I let my emotions control me and that's not how things should have gone."

Stiles eyes him wearily. "Now really isn't the time to be asking for forgiveness, dude."

"Actually, I think you're wrong. We've been through a lot as kids and even now. There have been secrets withheld from everyone and it shouldn't be a secret a secret. Though I know you'll be heading home soon and figured you had the right to know before you leave."

Stiles looked at Scott with sympathy. He felt a tug in his stomach urging him to listen to what he had to say. "This doesn't happen to be because of what happened seven years ago, does it?" He nodded sadly, "what did you tell Lydia that day?"

He huffed out a breath, "I'm not proud of it but I said that you killed coach," Stiles eyes widened in shock, "I know it wasn't you, or anybody. It was a heart attack."

"Why lie and turn everybody against me?"

"Because of the secret I've been holding for eight years."

"Eight years! Dude, you held onto this for eight years? Why not say it sooner?" Scott slouched in his seat avoiding eye contact. "It was because of me, wasn't it?"

Scott shut his eyes and sighed. "You were my best friend, I didn't know how to tell you. My mom doesn't even know. At least I don't think she knows."

"Know what?"

He groans, "I'm bisexual." Stiles released a over exaggerated "oh". "Wait, you're not upset?"

"Scotty boy I've known since we were kids. It was pretty obvious."

"What! How?"

"Did you every realize the way you looked at people in high school. You had that look of lust every time you were single. And your mom does know, we talked about how oblivious you were to it. But I still don't get it, why did you kick me out?" Shying away from Stiles gaze, it almost instantly dawns on him. "You liked me."

"If it makes you feel any better I don't anymore. When I told Lydia, it wasn't jealousy. It was easier not having you around and nobody would talk about you."

He shakes his head still confused, "if you don't like me anymore why act the way you did when I came back?"

Scott chuckle quietly, "to keep up the facade. Nobody would suspect anything differently. When I heard you were out of Beacon Hills for good I started to give into the power of the True Alpha. It's not pretty."

Stiles side glances at him. "Nobody would judge Scott but you need to talk about your feelings. You aren't going to get better if you don't talk. Trust me, it'll help."

"What do you mean?"

"Quite a while ago Spence and I we kidnapped. We were in pursuit of a suspect so we split up. JJ was with us but she went into the opposite direction. We were knocked on conscious. Spencer and I were tortured and were forced to decide who died next. We were saved but we were mentally incapable of working for a while. The two of us got addicted to painkillers. We wanted to stop but the way we saw it it was the only cure."

"Did they know? Our parents?"

He shook his head. "The team kept it a secret and got us help. They wanted us to go the therapy but we refused. Reid confided in JJ while I opened up to Lizzy. Eventually we got through it. That was about three years ago."

"I'll talk about it, I promise."
"Scott, I can't just go back to the way things were."

"I know," just then his phone vibrated. Pulling it out he read it. Theo had said their was a supernatural problem. "Before you leave, want to help with a supernatural problem?"

He smiles, "sure."

The two walked over to his blue beauty piling in. He started the car with the turn of the key and made their way to the loft. Stiles took his phone shooting a text to his team mates announcing that something came up and he would be back for a while.

They pulled up to the loft in mid day. Other cars were parked around the house as they exited Roscoe. Walking into the house they were greeted by Derek who shook Scott's hand with a small smile.

"Everybody is waiting, there's a werewolf terrorizing the people in the city."

"Is everybody here?" Scott continued walking towards the doors.

He confirmed his question with a nod. "Good we have some things to discuss before we continue this case."

"Boy are you trying to be an agent like me?" Scott laughed at Stiles.

"Never. You and my dad is good enough. No need to drag me into it."

Derek stayed behind as the two walked into the loft. Everyone's eyes fell on them. The two continued walking until the met the sofas. Taking there seats Liam asked, "what is Stiles doing here?"

"I invited him," Scott replied truthfully. The pack looked at him surprised. He rolled his eyes. "We talked and now I think we're good. Before we start we have to talk."

And that's when the cold truth came out.