Chapter Fourteen

The trip was long and tiring

The trip was long and tiring. What was supposed to be only a three day car trip turned into five. The two men took turns driving. On occasions they would talk or hun to songs played on the radio. By the second day the both decided to stop at a hotel and rest. They booked a room and immediately passed out. The following day they hit the road again but chose to stop and do some soul searching. They drove through New Orleans in Louisiana coming across Dwayne Pride as he was working on a case with his NCIS team. They invited them to stay and have dinner with the team. Fun fact, there was a case a couple years ago in which Stiles decided to drive himself home. He drove through Louisiana l, specifically New Orleans, which is when Pride and Stilinski met for the first time. Stiles introduced Hotch to them as his father which surprised everyone including Aaron. They talked for a bit before driving the rest of the way home.

There was no doubt that they were both filled with joy. The trip was eventful and brought them closer together. There were times when Stiles would point something out and make a sarcastic comment quickly annoying his father. Hotch would just stare at him in disbelief. He thought his father was around him too long because he eventually started joking around too which surprised him. He was happy though that he was able to make an impact even if it wasn't intentional.

Both were incredibly happy to see the sign for DC as they drove. Stiles was driving and made a decision to first drop Hotch at home. He was aware Haley would be bringing Jack over since he hasn't seen him in well over a week. Even before the case Jack was staying with Hayley. Even though he was insanely happy to see Jack he was nervous as hell. Hotch had talked to Haley and both agreed to break the news to Jack that Stiles his brother. As he was scared he thought of the memories he's made with him. When he was younger, younger than he was now, it was always a challenge to say his name, even just Stiles. When Stiles told Jack about his real name he fell in love. Though he couldn't say it right he always called him Mitch. He used to hate that name but coming from Jack he's learned to love it.

They pulled into the driveway and spoke for a while in the car before entering. Haley and Jack were already inside ready to see them both. When they walked through the door Haley held Jack back so they could talk. Stiles knelt down to his level as Haley told him the truth. He surprisingly tok the news well and jumped on Stiles. Hotch smiled and took a picture sending it to the group chat announcing what happened. There were a lot of emojis and and exclamation points which added to their own happiness.

Stiles only stayed for about ten minutes before he headed to his own home. Raven was fast asleep on the couch when he walked in setting his keys on the counter by the door. Lizzy walked into the room and jumped into his arms. She wrapped her legs around his torso and her arms around his neck. She gave him a passionate smooch before pulling away. Stiles never let her go. She remained in her place and stared at him with kind eyes.

"I'm so happy you're home, my love."

He tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear and grinned, "I missed you more, my beautiful wife."

"I know you have to turn around again but-"

He shook his head at her, "no, no. Strauss told me to come in later so right now I'm going to spend some time with my family."

She smirked, "you know, the week we were away the bed has been untouched. It would be rude not to use it," she grinned wickedly.

"I have some ideas what to use it for," he winked and carried her to their room. The door shut behind them locking thanks to Lizzy. They resumed to their heated make out session.

A couple hours later the two took showers, redressed and walked down stares when they heard their daughter scrambling through the kitchen looking for food. They cooked together and ate together before Stiles had to leave once again.

Lizzy and Stiles had a discussion in front of Raven. He had an idea but wasn't sure of how they would feel on the issue. Thankfully, Lizzy was all for it and when Raven saw her approval she exclaimed her excitement.

His wife took Raven to the DMV and started getting ready. She was well aware they were closed by now but she had a friend who could help her out quickly. Stiles promised to meet with the woman after his meeting with Strauss.

Stiles walked into head quarters knowing he'd be the only one of the memmbers of his team at the BAU. He went a couple floors above the BAU and checked in with Strausses assistant. While he waited to enter he ran into Scott's dad who was on the same floor.

"Stiles?"
"Rafe?"

"What are you doing here kid? Aren't you supposed to be at home with the family?"

He laughed, "I was but Strauss called me in, told me it was necessary. I was home for a few hours but here I am."

Rafe smiled, "you look good kid. Shorter hair, shorter beard, damn you look like you're still in high school."

"Was that an insult?"
"No at all."
"Good."
"I could make it an insult."
"Please don't."

Rafe chuckled at the change in his demeanor. He held a case file in hand, looking at it he thought out loud, "I really need to get this filed. It was nice seeing you Stiles."

"You too Rafe."

The assistant behind him cleared her throat gathering his attention. "She's ready to see you, sir." Stiles shuttered. Whenever someone called him 'sir' he was always out on edge. It made him feel old. He groaned quietly walking into Strauss' office.

"Agent Stilinski, it's a pleasure having you back."

"Glad to be back, ma'am."

He took a seat in the chair before him and asked her curiously, "if you don't mind me asking, what is this private meeting about."

"We spoke while you were in Beacon Hills but I've recently gotten a call from a great friend in New Orleans."

"Pride?"

She nodded, "he informed me of your visit with agent Hotchner on the way back. I was surprised to hear you are his son."

"Me too when I found out. I'm still confused, ma'am."

She chuckled, "let me cut to the chase then. We have spoken of private missions that would only be discussed with others as a need to know. Pride informed me of an issue of DC's main head quarters for NCIS. Director Vance is open to the ability of you helping out their team."

"What issue?"

"That would be discussed if you said yes to the job. As you know this is a secret and your involvement would be temporary. You're a promising and intelligent agent. They are looking forward to working with you."

He sat on the idea of working with the team. He knew their names and faces but never personally met them. He struggled making a decision until an idea came to mind.

Stiles knew his wife would be okay with it if it meant he would still do what he loved. "Strauss, would it be possible to make a permanent transfer?"

She sat there for a minute taking off her glasses. "I don't see an issue. May I ask why?"

"Ma'am I've been here for five years and I love my job but I think I'd like a change. My team and my father, Aaron, are great people but I think this is what I want."

"Are you sure?"

He nodded hesitantly, "yes."

"Well then, Mr. Stil-"

"Sorry for interrupting ma'am but as of a couple hours ago I made a decision. My surname will be getting changed by tomorrow."

Strauss isn't one to smile but in this case, she did, "very well. Mr. Hotchner, I'm glad to inform you," she paused as he grinned, "as of now you will be working as a special agent at NCIS here in DC under Special Agent Leroy Gethro Gibbs."