Thank you for reading The Nerd in the Corner!

D E D I C A T I O N

I want to dedicate this last chapter to my amazing reader K1415100. Thank you so much for all your witty, meaningful, and entertaining comments from the first to the final chapter. I very much enjoyed reading them all, and it even came to the point that I would often feel excited to update just so I can know what you think xD. You are awesome, and may you always have good dreams!

S P E C I A L   T H A N K   Y O U

Thank you so much to the DreamlandCommunity. The community's book club members and Discord users have greatly contributed to where TNitC is now. At times I'm stuck and lacking in both inspiration, the Dreamland Community has been very helpful— giving tips, advice, pointing out what to do and what not to do, offering constructive criticism, and the list goes on. Not to mention, the community is very active and friendly. You should consider joining it :D (Oops, it turned into an ad, but I promise you, this is not sponsored. Just a very happy and satisfied member.)

Thank you so much, dilenu, for reading several chapters of this story and leaving wonderful comments. You are amazing, and I hope you know it! :cheer:

Thank you so much to MoniTheTigerEmpress and WolfHusky88 for always comment drowning my chapters. The notifs become a sea, but they always make my week :wowie: You two deserve lots more delicious foods in your life :bigtears:

And to all the readers who made it this far — whether silent or not — thank you so much for all of your support! I hope you enjoyed your time in this book, and I sincerely appreciate every one of you.

Q U E S T I O N S

1. || Did you enjoy the story being told from Eliza's perspective?

2. || Who was your favorite character?

3. || Which character would you like to see more of?

4. || What was your favorite scene?

6. || What did you think of the ending?

7. || What content would you like to see more in my rewrite?

8. || If you've got any questions for me, comment them inline here.

I N S P I R A T I O N

There is no noble, cute, or inspiring motive behind the creation of this book. The Nerd in the Corner was born simply out of frustration and deep resentment. My parents couldn't accept the fact that I'm an AroAce, so I created an orphaned protagonist with the sole hope that they would be faced with the acceptance I couldn't have.

Writing has always been my friend no matter what. For years that have accumulated into a decade, I have turned to it if anger, sadness, and hatred exist in my heart. And alas, the successful finish of this book felt like the huge burden has finally been lifted. With the help of online communities and my amazing readers, I no longer felt like my feelings are wrong, and therefore invalid.

From multiple things about writing to once again finding my voice, this journey has taught me a lot of things, and along the way, it reignited the passion I once lost. With that, you can probably already guess the answer to the question I initially had at the start of this book: "Would my writing adventure finally come to an end or would this just be the beginning of many tales?"

N E X T   M O V E

Okay, what now? Frankly speaking, this piece of trash is way beyond editing. It needs rewriting xD. And that's exactly what I'm going to do.

For these two months of our summer vacation, I'm gonna outline, create profile characters, do some worldbuilding, and of course, start anew. Here is a list of things to expect:

🥨 There will be a new beginning and end.

🥨 New characters will be introduced, such as the principal and *coughs* sketchy people.

🥨 Lots of side characters will get more screentime like Jaxon, Ken, Molly, and Cassandra.

🥨 Lucas and Eliza will meet in a different way.

🥨 Backstory of how Molly and Eliza met will be shown.

🥨 Possible POV change.

🥨 This will not be a slice of life anymore.

🥨 And yes, the title will also be changed.

And of course, it will be longer. Probably more than thirty chapters, and could very well be fifty chapters *sips tea*. Unlike what I did with this version, I will only be uploading the chapters once it is officially completed. So yeah, that's going to take a lot of time.

In the midst of that, I'm also gonna work on another book, but I'm still not gonna post it until it's finished too. This one will be about zombies. But they're not gonna be your ordinary zombies. Might add a Fantasy book in the mix if I'm feeling it.

 Might add a Fantasy book in the mix if I'm feeling it