[ txt & en- ] playground bts

──────────────

──────────────

"SO I GUESS THIS'LL BE like our first introduction to each other?" Beomgyu says, talking about their newest labelmates while looking over at the other members as the hair stylist finishes touching up his hair.

"Yeah, we never got to introduce ourselves to them during I-Land and we've only ever briefly run into each other at the office." Soobin adds in, seated next to Jieun.

"They probably feel the same way we did when we introduced ourselves to BTS." Huening Kai laughs, everyone immediately recalling how nervous they all were.

Almost everyone.

Jieun sat on one of the couches placed against the wall of the dressing room, just having her makeup done and changed clothes. She was scrolling through her phone but paid no mind to what was on the screen, only half listening to what the boys were saying.

"Yeah, but they debuted 6 years before us and are much more older than us. We're only a year apart and the eldest of the group was born on the same year as Beomgyu." Yeonjun informs, sipping on an iced Americano.

"Yeah, they have three 02' liners and I'm older than all of them and you're only older than two." Taehyun says, looking at Huening Kai.

"You guys speak as if you're centuries apart from them." Soobin remarked, much more calmer and quieter than the younger ones.

Jieun lets out a quiet sigh, drowning their voices out as they continued with their conversation. She was looking forward to this segment they were doing with their freshly debuted label mates. But her mind kept wandering back to the one boy that ended up debuting in the group and the small, almost non-existent, yet intense interaction they had.

──────────────

A round of soft applause is given as Yeonjun finishes giving the final contestants that were announced to make the lineup words of encouragement, handing the microphone to Jieun next.

She takes it from the eldest's hands, looking over at the soon to debut boys, "First of all, congratulations to all of you. Your hard work and dedication has paid off and I know how good that must feel. I saw through all of these performances here in I-Land that you're all very talented and passion-driven, and I know you'll all do well." Her eyes scan all 7 of the boys, looking at them but not necessarily making eye contact, until her eyes land on one boy.

What was his name? Was it Sunghoon? Park Sunghoon?

All of the boys on the stage were staring up at her, but for a second it felt like it was just them two in the room with how intense the eye contact was. He was staring straight at her, mouth slightly open and breathing harshly. A shiver ran down Jieun's back, snapping her back into reality and forcing her attention back to her speech.

"A lot of harsh obstacles come with becoming an idol, but you wouldn't have come all the way here had it not been for that same hard work and dedication, and I know that you'll all do very well and can overcome those obstacles. I wish you all the best, and congratulations once more." She sets the microphone down as everyone gives another small round of applause.