Chapter One

Tobias POV-
Its been 5 years since I lost my Tris. With every day that goes by my heartaches more and more for her.

Every night I have nightmares of seeing Tris die over and over again. I wake up crying knowing that the day she died I may have been able to save her and that my life wouldnt be such a wreck now.

I went back to living in my old apartment in the Dauntless compound because I couldnt bear to live in the place where Tris died. And knowing me I would probably try to kill David every time I saw him. All I have for him is hatred. The only time I get out of my apartment is when Dauntless initiation comes around. Even then, I have to hold back tears from memories of Tris' initiation.

(A/N: Yes, there are still factions in this story.)

Even though Tris is gone, I still have Will, Christina, Zeke, Shauna, Uriah, Marlene, and Lynn who try to get me out to cheer me up or just for company. Although I never actually go out, they still keep trying.

Today I woke up screaming and crying from my dream. It was worse than normal. Usually, someone would just shoot Tris, but tonight she was tortured and beaten until she died. It was a slow and painful death. I would try to run to her side to save her, but it was like my feet were cemented to the floor.

When I woke up I looked at the clock which said 4:52 a.m. I knew I wouldnt be going back to sleep after the nightmare I had tonight.

I decided to get up. I walk into the living room with the image of Tris' death from my nightmare running through my head. I find myself pacing back and forth with tears streaming down my face and anger running through my blood. I walk over to a wall and punch it as hard as possible, leaving a hole the size of a softball. I fall to the floor and yell out, "Tris!! How could you leave me like this?! Can't you see how much pain I'm in?!"

I know I shouldnt be mad at her because she was being her Abnegation self by saving her brother, but I miss her so much! I dont even think that Im actually mad at her. Usually these dreams tend to do these types of things to me.

Not long after, I hear someone open my door and run inside my house. I try to see who it is but my eyes are to blurry from my tears.

Then I hear him say, "Hey bud. Its gonna be okay. Lets go sit on the couch and we'll talk about it like we always do. Okay?" In that moment, I know its Zeke. He must've heard me yelling. I nod. He starts to help me up and guide me over to the couch.

We sit down and I tell him all about my dream and how it was worse than usual. I tell him how she had bruises and cuts from being tortured. But most of all I let him know how I had to watch the life leave her eyes like I do every other night.

And thats when I snap. I break down into full out sobbing, but it feels good to let someone know how I feel. I dont know where I would be without Zeke helping me through this tough time in my life.

After I have calmed down a little bit, Zeke says, "Why dont we go out with the group tonight?"

"I dont know," I respond.

"Come on, Four. You never go anywhere with us anymore. You never leave this apartment. Tris wouldnt want you to be living like this."

"Yeah, I guess your right..." I tell him.

"Ok great! You get ready and I'll come by around noon to pick you up, and we'll figure out where were gonna go from there." says Zeke. I nod in response.

Zeke stands up pats me on the back and leaves.

I sit there for a few more minutes with my head in my hands, thinking about what I just got myself into. Then I get up to go get ready.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you guys are liking the story so far! Let me know what you think in the comments.
BTW- All rights are reserved by Veronica Roth. I do not own the characters she does!!