Chapter Two

Tobias POV-
After I get ready, it is already around 6:15. I decide to go out onto the balcony to look at the just risen sun. I think I had been out here for 10 minutes when I hear a knock at the door.

I walk to the door but when I open it, nobody is there. I figured it was just a member of Dauntless trying to play some sort of trick on me. Just before I shut the door I noticed a note on the ground.

I picked it up, took it inside and read it. It said,

Dear Tobias,

I know we dont hear much from each other anymore. Meet me on the roof of the Dauntless compound tomorrow night at midnight. This is very important for you to hear. I know you've ignored multiple notes from me before but I need to talk to you. I hope to see you tomorrow night.

~E.J.
I crumple the note in my hand and throw it on the ground. I knew from when i first started reading the note, that it was from my mother.

Lately she has been wanting to meet up with me, but i just keep ignoring her messages. I havent seen her since the day that Tris died. Mostly because i still cant forgive her for leaving me with the monster i call my father, Marcus.

I know I'm kind of holding a grudge here, but can you blame me?

Since i still have a few more hours until Zeke is coming by with the group, i decide to lay on the couch and watch TV.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Lapse~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the sound of knocking at the door. I mustve fallen asleep while watching TV. I get up, turn off the TV and go answer the door.

When I open the door, the whole group stands there grinning from ear to ear. Probably because Im actually going to get out of this apartment for once.

"Hey man!" Uriah says.

"Hey guys!" I respond.

"You ready to go?" Zeke asks.

"As ready as I'll ever be. Where are we going?" I ask.

"We're going to the Dauntless Club!!" Christina shouts, just about making me deaf.

"Really? The one time i decide i will get out of my apartment, you wanna go to a club?"

They all begin to frown and pout. Then Zeke says, "I thought it was a pretty good idea."

I sigh. "Fine, whatever. Lets go."

Christina squeals then says, "We're gonna have so much fun!!"

We leave and head for the club. When we get there, i see people dancing, drinking and having the time of their lives. I decide to go get a drink.

When i get my drink and sit down at the bar, a girl who looks around my age approaches me.

"Heyyy. Im Laura." She says sounding drunk.

"Hey." I say as simply as possible, trying not to gain to much of her attention.

"So you wanna go dance?" Laura says.

"How 'bout no? I'll pass up that offer."

"Oh, come on. Please?" She asks.

"I said no! Go find someone else to dance with!!" I yell at her.

"Talk about a jerk." She mumbles under her breath, then gets up and leaves.

As I look around I see all of my friends having fun. Zeke and Shauna dancing. Uriah and Marlene drinking. Christina and Will talking and laughing. Even Lynn is dancing with some guy.

Everyone's having a great time but me. I cant help but think that if Tris were here, i might actually be enjoying myself.

I decide to go tell Zeke that Im going to leave and head home. These are reasons why I dont leave my apartment. Im not planning on leaving it again, anytime soon.

A/N: Let me know what you think. Hope youre enjoying the story!