Chapter Three

Tris POV-

I wake up with the smell of chemicals burning my nose and bright lights blinding my eyes. As soon as my eyes adjust to the light I look around to see ehat seems to be a hospital room.

As I look at my body, I see that its pale and weak looking. I also have wires and tubes sticking into my skin giving me some sort of medicine.

Although I can see all of these things, my body feels numb and paralized.

After what seems like hours, a nurse comes in with a shocked and almost confused look on her face. She stands there for a few minutes just staring at me, then runs out of the room, screaming, "She's awake! She's awake!"

I cant help but think, Why is she so surprised that Im awake? Big deal. (Note the sarcasm)

A few minutes later, doctors come in doing tests on me and asking questions like, Whats the last thing you remember? or Can you feel anything?

However, at the moment speaking is a little harder for me, but I still try to tell them how i  remember stopping David from setting off the memory serum.

Then it hits me. David shot me multiple times. That must be why Im in a hospital and can feel alot of pain as the numbness goes away.

I wonder how long Ive been asleep in this hospital?

"How long have i been asleep here?" I ask the doctors.

They give me worried and nervous looks before saying, "First, you need to hear the full story. Okay?" I nod in response.

They tell me how after David shot me, I had passed out from losing so much blood. When Matthew found me, he brought me back to Erudite Headquarters to find help to try and save me. They had ended up saving me because my heart was still beating, but i wasnt waking up. They later found out that i was in a coma.

Then they told me the bad news. I had beeb in a cima for 5 year and all my friends think Im dead.

My jaw dropped.

"IVE BEEN IN A COMA FOR 5 YEARS?!?! AND MY FRIENDS ALL THINK IM DEAD?!?!? Thanks for making in sound casual, like it happens everyday!" I say sarcastically to the doctor.

"Tris, you need to stay here for a little while longer. Then you can leave and go where ever you want." He says.

"How much longer do i have to stay?" I ask.

"About a month or so." He says calmly.

"A MONTH?!?! Ha! Yeah right! Forget that! Im leaving right now!"

"Tris, no. Youre to weak. You cant leave now."

"Watch me!" I say.

I rip all of the wires and tubes off my body, and grab what looks to be my old clothes out of the chair next to me.

After Ive changed, i realize my clothes are a little to big for me now. I guess i dont have any other clothes, so I'll just have to deal with it.

I walk out of my hospital room, and through the hallways until i find an exit out of Erudite.

All i can think about is one person. Tobias. I cant even imagine what state of mind he's in, thinking that Im dead and all.

I think about how to get to the Dauntless Compound from Erudite, in hopes that Tobias still lives in the same apartment from before I 'died'.

I start walking down the street towards Dauntless. After about a half an hour of walking I start to become very tired, but thankfully Im right outside of the Dauntless Compound.

I walk inside trying to stay in the shadows, that way no one will see me. Once I get to Tobias' apartment, I reach for the knob hoping that the door is unlocked. Thankfully it is.

When i go inside i recognize the scent of him. I start to yell out his name, but after multiple times of yelling, "Tobias?", with no response, i figure he's not home.

My legs start to feel tired so, I decide to go watch TV until Tobias comes home. Soon after I start watching a show, I fall into a deep and dreamless sleep on the couch.

I hope Tobias hasnt moved on. I love him so much. I dont know how i would live without him.