Chapter 6 - Resurface...

ENZO

ENZO

No call.

Enzo's jaw clenched as his gaze stared at the digital clock.

It was way passed the time Amare was supposed to get off.

About 30 minutes ago Amare was supposed to arrive home and call him but Enzo had gotten nothing.

One breath in one breath out. Amare is fine, maybe he's too tired to call?

Bullshit.

He would've called him even if he was tired.

That's just the person Amare is.

Leaning more back into his chair, Enzo manspreading his thighs before looking down at his phone.

Fuck it.

Enzo leaned forward picking up his MacBook before typing away.

And it was within minutes Enzo had tracked down the location of Amare through his phone.

And from the looks of the location, Enzo wasn't happy.

Amare's mother's house.

That was it. Enzo had blacked out.

_______

"Go in!" Zain yelled. Amare took a deep breath in before opening the front door of his childhood home.

"Ma!" his brother yelled. The harsh scent of cigarettes slammed into Amare which immediately made his stomach sick.

He hadn't missed that scent and reminded him of the scars he had.

"Hey Baby," His mother cooed before her gaze turned to him as she took a long swing of her cigarette. She stared her son down before scowling her face in disgust.

"You look like shit," she spat staring over the bruises Zain had caused. " Where's Zeke?" Zain questions.

"He's not here, he's never here anymore like that," she pouted. " Anyways Amare," she began before turning her gaze to him.

"An old client of yours called me and said he missed you and he's saying he'll pay a couple thousand just for a night with you," she started.

His heartbeat went static against his chest irregularly.

I can't do this again, he thought.

"You remember him your regular, Walker,"  she started making unbearable memories flash through Amare's mind.