25 | Cold

Thursday

You admit that you make a lot of mistakes.

However you just could not for the life of you understand what you had done for Osamu to suddenly give you the cold shoulder.

One minute you're texting him because you can't fall asleep and the next he starts ignoring you.

Thankfully Osamu was the only one acting strange, the rest of your friends all seemed pretty normal.

In fact everyone you'd talked to had also noticed how standoffish Osamu had been today.

But according to Atsumu, Suna, Aran and Kita specifically, he's been saying he didn't get enough sleep last night.

"That's some pretty intense staring." Akaashi noted interrupting your inner turmoil.

"He's ignoring me and I'm trying to figure out why." You muttered, never taking your eyes off Osamu who was taking a temporary break.

"I can think of many reasons." Kenma added unhelpfully.

"I would definitely be ignoring someone who stared that hard at me as well." Kuroo chipped in.

"He doesn't seem like the type to overreact to small things." Bokuto pondered with a thoughtful expression.

"Wow I feel so much better." You thanked them, voice dripping in sarcasm.

You watched with interest, as an annoyed looking Atsumu approached his twin, getting into a heated argument.

You weren't really sure what they were talking about but once it was over you realised with surprise Atsumu was heading your way.

"A usual Miya argument?" You asked once Atsumu was close enough.

With an irked expression he scoffed, "Something crawled up his ass, died and then decayed with a foul smell."

You scrunched up your face at his words, "well that's plain nasty."

Suddenly Atsumu went on a ranting rampage that you could do nothing but listen to.

"All I did was ask him why he's acting like this and he kept blaming it on my snoring saying it kept him up all night!"

"He's so stupid if he thinks I believe that bullshit, clearly it's something else that's got him in a bad mood!"

"In fact I think it's something to do with you! He's completely avoiding you and he got extra grumpy when I asked if you had done something!??!??!!"

"Actually—" Atsumu continued only to be cut off.

"Tsumu— Atsumu slow down!" You exclaimed to make him shut his mouth.

"That's what you have to deal with?" A disgusted Kenma questioned.

You nodded with a grimace on your face.

"Wait so did you do something y/n?" A curious Bokuto asked.

"I wish I knew." You huffed in anger.

You were pretty certain before but now listening to Atsumu you were sure that whatever was happening with Osamu definitely had something to do with you.

But no matter how hard you thought about it you couldn't figure it out.

Suna lazily walked over, hearing your conversation he said, "He loves your onigiri too much to hate you for long. Trust me he'll get over it."

"Mhm." You hummed raising your eyebrows at Suna in surprise by the genuineness that laced his teasing.

"What's this? Suna are you trying to comfort me?" You called him out with a cheeky grin.

"If it makes you happier I'll let you think that I guess." He shrugged.

Aww he's trying to act cool about it.

"See guys, as my friends this is the example you should be following." You said pointedly, eyeing everyone around you.

"Right.." Kuroo prolonged, exchanging glances with all the other guys.

Atsumu didn't even look at you but instead stared at Suna in a puzzled manner.

I feel like I'm missing something here.

Nevertheless the matches quickly resumed, leaving you alone with your thoughts once again.