23.

Slight Change of Plans

Akiya

IT felt a bit weird being back home. I had spent a decent time at Storm's to the point I had become accustomed to seeing her when I woke up. Almost expectant to see her.

But now I'm home and missing her. Even if we weren't talking, I still felt at comfort. Most of the time it was Storm laid out on me in some way. Typically, she has her head leaned against my shoulder or she had laid out in my lap.

I preferred being in her lap over her being in mine. Although it never lasts very long. She tends to freak herself out and then stop whatever we were doing.

Sort of like when she basically begged me to show her what I meant by destressing and then backed out after I began removing her pants. It'd become very obvious over the weekend that Storm bluffs quite a lot.

I took a deep breath before opening the door to the house and walking in. I had to admit I did miss my house some. Storm's apartment isn't bad, but it's a bit small. Especially her bed. Her bed is tiny and ended with me practically on top of her holding her to get comfy.

But now I have my full-sized bed back.

However, the priority right now is finding Araya and talking to her. For a little bit I had shoved that werewolf from the store to the back of my mind, but now I needed answers.

Luckily it didn't take long to find Araya.

Araya is in the kitchen with a pot in front of her and noodles of some type boiling.

"You busy right now?" I asked.

Araya turned around and smiled at me. "No not at all. Just cooking up some ramen for Daiki and I. I have some free time though. Still cooking a few other things to go with it."

"So, you said once I was home, we could talk. Concerning the whole werewolf, dark kitsune situation." I started. It seemed to be best way to get this started.

"Oh yeah that. Well dad was the one to tell me all that. So, uh, he went and found Ryu, Daiki's father and talked to him. He went to see why he's in town. Basically, he's here on a job concerning some dark kitsunes that were spotted and classified as wanted, I guess. And there was also a werewolf spotted nearby who might be doing business with them. It's honestly really weird. But dad said Ryu has it all under control and for us not to worry about it."

A very lengthy explanation but I listened to everything she said. I myself am not too interested, but if it gives Storm peace of mind then I'd be happy.

"Well as I told you Storm, and I encountered that werewolf in the store who wasn't friendly. . . you think it's a coincidence?" I asked.

Araya turned to me.

"Did you see what they looked like?" Araya asked.

"I didn't. Storm did though. She'd be a good person to ask." I answered.

Araya nodded. "I'll call her later. It may or may not be a coincidence. I'll talk to dad though just to clear everything up. I'm sure he can tell Ryu about it maybe speed up his job." Araya murmured.

I nodded. "Okay, just keep me updated. I'll be in my room."

I left Araya to finish her ramen. I returned to my room and shut the door behind me and dropped my bags down on the floor. My room is in the same order I left it with the bed made, all my devices turned off and one research book pulled out.

Over the last two years I had been slowly adding to my book collection and not a lot of them were fiction books anymore. Most of them were folklore of some sort.

I had gotten into folklore a lot after finding out I was a kitsune. I have folklore from all different countries. It had sort of become a passion of mine to collect all of it.

I went over to the book that had been left out. French folklore. I smiled as I opened it landing on one of the pages that read about werewolves. Surprisingly enough France has a lot of rich werewolf folklore.

From the Beast of Gévaudan to werewolf trials and the legend of the legendary Rougarou; a werewolf like figure known in French communities.

From all the accounts in folklore it seemed numerous humans back before all of modern technology had numerous encounters with that of the supernatural world. Werewolves seem to be the ones most encountered and to this day most believed in. Besides vampires, but from what I've been told the sparkly or sun sensitive attractive pale beings aren't what you'd find.

I shut the book before placing it back on my shelf with the rest of them. Eventually I'd have to move everything out of my room when I move out.

The end goal is to end up in the same place as Storm for we can move in together. Share a house like your average couple despite our not average relationship.

Right now, I could just focus on relaxing a little. Araya said she'd talk to dad which means that I can just relax in my room.

I sat down on my bed before kicking off my shoes and laying back. There are a few things I could do to pass the time. Ranges from reading books to watching T.V. shows or gaming on my laptop or console.

I hadn't gamed in awhile so that would be fun. With my decision made I found myself getting up to start some games up to let the time pass.

***

"Dinner is ready."

I looked up at the knock and then mom peaking her head into the door. "Uh, I'll be there in a few minutes." I answered.

She left the room after that. My play a mission in Red Dead 2 and hunt some turned into playing a bunch of missions and a dash of hunting. Thankfully I'm almost done with the current mission which means I can save and quit.

After a few minutes I finished up the mission before exiting the room and finding myself in the kitchen.

In the kitchen were my parents, Araya, and Daiki. Issei is with Nightshade no doubt. He tends to come and go between those two houses.

Dad was at the stove plating all the food he had made.

Upon closer inspection I saw steak with gravy, shrimp, and mashed cauliflower to my surprise. Dad had become very acquainted with all sorts of recipes since he had begun to cook for us and mom being here furthers it.

I could give mom credit where her cooking is involved. She's good at cooking and knows how to season it correctly and add things together. Her cooking skills had begun to rub off on dad. He tends to be in the kitchen more often.

I went over and got myself a plate before getting ready to return to the table.

"Akiya when your done come to my room for we can talk." Dad spoke and I looked over at him a bit startled.

"Uh sure." I answered.

Dad nodded. With that I went to the table my thoughts now full of what dad wanted to talk about.

1210. A shorter chapter, but a chapter none the less. ***