Getting Settled

Luz POV:

My heart back-flipped when Amity showed me her scroll. They couldn't make it which means... I'LL BE ALONE WITH AMITY ALL NIGHT? I started to uncontrollably smile until I felt Amity look at me. "Well, I guess It'll just be you and me tonight." I said, a little too confident. I felt my face go red and so did hers. "Well, what do you want to do first?" Amity asked. I could sense she was trying to break the tension in the room. "You want to get dressed in our pajamas first?" I said, hoping to find SOMETHING to do. "Yeah, lets do it." Amity said in response.

I grabbed Amity's wrist and led her up the stairs to my room. "Here's my beanbag, bed, closet, bathroom,  Azura book collection, you name it!" I said, gesturing to the items. "How about after we get dressed, we read the Azura books together?" Amity suggested, visibly red. I don't know why she is going red so much, maybe it is just hot in here. I nodded and left the room so she could get changed first. When she signaled for me to come back in she was wearing a pink and white polka dotted night gown with shorts underneath. For some reason, I just stood there staring at her, like I couldn't move at all. "Luz, are you okay?" Amity asked, genuinely concerned. "Y-yeah I'm fineeee, I'ma change" I said, breathing in deeply. Amity stepped out and I slipped on a grey tank top with leggings. Just to make Amity laugh, I put my Otter Onesie over top of my outfit. 

"Come in!" I called to her. She stepped in and instantly stopped and grew red. Then she began to giggle, I soon joined. "Luz you big goofball!" Amity said, catching her breath. "I can take it off if you want." I suggested. "Do what makes you happy." Amity said, smiling. I decided to keep the Otter Onesie on for now.

{I will be writing the next few chapters tomorrow, March 30. Happy reading :) -Aaliyah}