12.

A/N- Part 2 of the A.C. Records event          🫶🏼        

I felt Harry's hand part my hair while I leaned into his shoulder

I felt Harry's hand part my hair while I leaned into his shoulder. We were seated in a designated area next to the main platform. Everything surrounding us was tainted a royal gold hue, strips of brassy red curtains cascade around the proscenium stage. The wooden floor slabs were weathered from years of performance and passion, past productions still penetrate the grains of lumber.

Harry's fickle attention changed by the moment. Now he danced his fingers through my hair, before being swept into a new stimuli. I didn't want to grow dependent on his attention, because it was never a guarantee. Too much involvement with him would draw attention from Livia.

After all, this was Livia's recording label party. With Harry being the newest talent signed, having just departed from a world renowned band, his appearance meant everything.

Entrancing lights created shadow pockets around the theater, easy to sneak off and slip beneath the radar. The energy was warm and elusive. Everyone in attendance was invited for their status or wealth, there was no easy way in.

While A.C. Records was forging a revival, Livia's family still had big connections in the business that could pull off events like these. The venue was a gorgeous remodeled theater, keeping the bones of the place intact. Sconces, beaming chandeliers and beautifully carved trim juxtaposed  the flying champagne flutes and laugher that surrounded the room. Everyone around us engaged in conversation, embracing each patron with familiarity. I should know more people than I do, but rather I'm sitting silent next to Harry. He had made good conversation with a few people, briefly breaking away and capturing glances from the side. His posture was always narrow, hunched slightly to make himself smaller. It was ironic considering the large personality he held. Part of him wanted to sink below perception.

"I haven't seen Livia or my father yet," I slightly nudged Harry's shoulder from his right. Our seats surrounded a circular veiled table, my chair being closest to the stage.

"Livia mentioned something big," He stressed the word big.

"Regarding you?"

"No, the company it seems," The suit crinkled around his elbows with a slight shrug.

"Might have something to do with reputation," I hinted at his fame.

"Well, theres no removing me from the company now," Harry claimed, "As long as I have what she wants,"

"-What she wants?"

I was interrupted by a break in crowd silence and clinking silverware against a glass. The crowd got rowdy in between the conversation break. The speaker stood in front of the stage, grasping onto a glass flute and silver butter knife. It was my fathers assistant, Winona, whom had no bearing to the A.C. Records name.