26

25

Light helped me out of bed, my body was sore, but the pain was bearable.

"Where's Touya?", I asked her, "Not sure, he stormed off last night and hasn't been back since", my eyes widened, "I need to talk to him".

"Rain- you can barely walk-", "I need to see him dammit!!", I snapped.

"Fucking chill! I don't know where he went!!", she snapped back, "Take me to Shoto", she helped me make my way downstairs.

"Shoto- where did Touya go?", I asked through breaths, "I'm not sure- he took his car though", he said plainly.

"Shoto, do you have any idea where he might have gone?", I said in a stern tone, he stayed quiet a moment, as if he were thinking.

"Well it's kind of a longshot but he might be at our mother's grave I don't kn-", "Where is it?", I cut him off, "Rain I don't think you should be driving", he said, looking me up and down.

"GIVE HER THE DAMN ADDRESS!!", Light yelled, he flinched slightly, "The willow tree across New Haven beach", he said quickly.

"Thanks", I slowly walked to the garage, forcing one foot in front of the other. I grabbed the keys to a random sports car.

I sped down the road, bandages covering my arms and legs as I sped past slower cars. The engine of the car roared loudly throughout the empty road.

I slammed the car door shut and narrowed my eyes, hoping to see better in the dark.

I sighed in relief when I saw his figure sitting against the large weeping willow tree.

"You shouldn't be out in the cold", he said quietly, no bothering to face me. "Well I am", I sighed and sat beside him, my back against the tree.

"Your mother was buried here?", I asked, my eyes ahead of me. "Yeah", he whispered.

"Shoto showed me some old photo's of her, she was beautiful", my tone soft, "She was". "Until her last dying breath", he whispered, I looked down.

"Wish I could've met her", "Yeah...me too".

There was a thick silence between us. Both of us wanting to say so many thins to the other, but unable to get a word out.

"I'm sorry", I said quickly, "For what Rain?". I sighed and looked down, "I don't know- it just feels like the right thing to say", I shrugged my shoulders.

He let out an airy laugh, "Fuck you", he stood up and started to walk.

"Hey!!", I yelled for him to stop, he ignored me, "I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN YOU WALK AWAY TOUYA!!!", I screamed, he stopped in his tracks.

"Oh- you don't like that?", he rushed to me.

"Funny how whenever you don't like something I respect it, and when I don't like something you tell me to fuck off", his voice harsh and cold.

"I don't tell you to fuck o-", "Oh you sure do, you may not say those words but that's what you mean", his eyes wide with anger.

"Why is it- when you want something from me, I willingly give it to you, but when I'm asking you to not fucking kill yourself, you tell me to screw off", he tilted his head to the side.

"That- is not fair and you know it", he looked me up and down. "You remember how you were hellbent on killing your father? You remember that rage- that hate, that drove you?", he looked to the side, "I almost killed myself in the process Rain, along with you".

"If I could do it all over again and choose you, I would in a heartbeat", he said, his eyes honest,  "All I'm asking you right now, is to choose me".