three

Later in the day, the artistic golden sun got up like a baby and started painting the dark black sky into a bright blue sky

Later in the day, the artistic golden sun got up like a baby and started painting the dark black sky into a bright blue sky. The bright looking milky clouds got up from sleep and started travelling around the sky visiting the wonderful environment.

Bella was sitting on the ground holding a stick and drew into the dirt ground. She couldn't help but feel nervous about her father. She hated it when he leaves, not knowing if he was ever going to come back or not.

It had been three hours since the group had left camp.

What if they were.... gone?

Bella shook her head; she couldn't accept the fact of losing her father.

Bella was snapped back into reality when she heard Morales chuckling in the distance. Amy and Andrea walked back into camp, holding two fishing lines filled with fishes.

"Oh, baby. Will you look at that?" Morales chuckled in delight. "Ladies... because of you, my children will eat tonight. Thank you."

"Thank Dale. It's his canoe and gear." Andrea said.

"Mum, look. Look at all the fish!" Carl exclaimed intriguingly. "Whoa!"

"Yeah, whoa. Where did you two learn to do that?" Lori questioned.

"Our dad." Amy replied.

"Can you teach me how to do that?" Carl asked.

"Sure." Amy responded excitedly. "I'll teach you all about nail knots and stuff, if that's okay."

Lori nodded. "You won't catch me arguing."

"Hey, Dale." Andrea called. Dale was walking out of the tree line and back towards the group with a worried expression. "When's the last time you oiled those line reels? They are a disgrace."

"I, uh, I don't want to alarm anyone... but we may have a bit of a problem." Dale informed.

Dale twisted his body, so he was looking afar. Bella stood up to see what everyone was looking at. In the distance, they could see Jim. Bella wondered what he was up too.

••••

In that moment, the group took it upon themselves to venture to the top of the hill where Jim was continuously digging. And by the look of things, he wasn't about to stop. Despite the initial feeling of confusion, they overall were worried about the man's mental well-being.

As they reached the top of the hill, the group walked into the clearing to see Jim drenched in multiple layers of sweat and look of pure determination.

As Bella looked around, she could see many deep holes scattered across the top of the hill, giving her an uneasy feeling.

"Hey, Jim." Shane called. Jim ignored him, seeming like he was in a trance and continued digging. "Jim, why don't you hold up, all right? Just give me a second here, please?"