seven

Rick was leaning over Bella, applying pressure to the gunshot wound burrowed deep in her abdomen and she jerked away, yelping in pain

Rick was leaning over Bella, applying pressure to the gunshot wound burrowed deep in her abdomen and she jerked away, yelping in pain. Shane dragged the hunter out from behind the trees, before throwing him harshly to his knees.

"Look at what you've done!" Shane yelled, pointing at Bella.

"I-I did-n't see her!" The large man cried as he looked at Bella with fear.

"I-I d-don't kn- know w-what to do." Rick stumbled, frantically trying to keep her alive. He looked down at his blood coated hands. "Help!"

"There's a farm!" The large man informed. "Maybe two miles away."

"Where?!" Rick questioned.

"That way!" He yelled, pointing his hand in a direction.

Rick scooped Bella up carefully. She curled in on herself as her arms and legs laid limp against him. Her chin rested on Rick's shoulder.

"Dad, I'm coming with you!" Carl decided.

Rick shook his head. "No, you stay with Shane."

"No!" Carl objected. "She's my best friend and I'm coming."

Rick sighed in defeat. "You're going to do exactly what I say."

Rick swallowed nervously when he felt the blood seeping through Bella's shirt and onto his. He didn't hesitate and began running.

"Shh, I know, Bella. I know. Just stay awake." Rick whispered in her ear.

Rick was flying through the trees and suddenly broke onto a field. He started to become breathless but was determined to save Bella's life. He just kept running. He was losing his grip on her and had to swing her back up into his arms again.

Rick flew across the field and stopped again to readjust Bella. He turned slightly to see Carl and Shane dragging the large man across the field behind him.

"Hey, you move, shithead! Come on, get us there!" Shane screamed at the man.

"How far?" Rick asked frantically. "How far?"

"Another half mile, that way!" The man yelled as he dropped to his knees, trying to catch his breath. "Hey, Hershel, talk to Hershel. He'll help your girl."

Rick didn't even stop to process the information before he was running again. Off in the distance was a giant farmhouse that looked completely untouched by the ravaged world around them. Rock scooped Bella higher into his arms

As Rick got closer to the farmhouse, a family walked outside.

There was a 70-something Caucasian male of average height and build. He wore slacks, a beige button-up shirt, and suspenders. He had short hair and was clean-shaven. There was also a middle-aged woman with dark tanned skin, a teenage girl with bright yellow hair, a teenage boy who held a baseball bat, and lastly a young woman with short brown hair.