eight

It had been three days since Bella's operation, and she finally felt good enough to walk

It had been three days since Bella's operation, and she finally felt good enough to walk. She pulled her hair up into a ponytail as she slipped a dark blue top. She smoothed down her shirt, her hand running over the bulge on her hip which came from the bandage.

Bella pulled on her boots and exited Hershel's house. The hot Georgia sun beat on her back as she stood on the porch feeling the cool breeze blow over her.

The rest of their group had founded the farm in the following days, so they were setting up camp for the time being. Bella didn't know how long Hershel would let them stay but she hoped it would be a long time.

She crossed the lawn slowly, making her way over to the group, smiling widely.

Glenn, who was in the middle of setting up a tent, froze at the sight of Bella and immediately approached, wrapping his arms around her.

"You're alive!" He cried in happiness.

"I am." Bella smiled. She looked around the yard and saw several men from the group gathered around the car, so she walked towards it and moved where she was standing beside Andrea. They were all staring down at a map on the hood of a car. "What's happening?"

"We're splitting the area into zones where group members can search for Sophia." Rick explained.

Daryl kissed his daughter's forward before he walked away from the farm. Bella stared after him, hoping nothing bad happens to him.

"Bella!" Shane called out. "Bella, we need your help!"

"With what?" Bella asked.

"Follow me." He said and then took off down the road.

It hurt to keep up with him, but Bella got there eventually. Everyone had surrounded a small hole in the ground which Bella later learned to be a well.

Everyone included Shane, Andrea, Lori, T-Dog, Dale, Glenn, and Maggie. Bella pushed through the crowd until she was at the front where everyone was looking down into the hole.

She peered over the edge curiously and she scrunched her face in disgust. There was a bloated Walker at the bottom of a well.

"How long do you think it's been down there?" Glenn asked.

"Long enough to grow gills." Lori murmured. "We can't leave it in there. God knows what it's doing to the water."

"We got to get it out." Shane said.

"Easy. Put a bullet in his head." T-Dog suggested. "I'll get a rope."

"Whoa, whoa, guys. No." Maggie declared.

"Why not?" Glenn questioned. "It's a good plan."

"It's a stupid plan." Andrea stated firmly. "If that thing hasn't contaminated the water yet, blowing its brains out will finish the job."