Chapter 4 · Leonardo's Arrival

Excuse me, what?!

You heard me, Heather said casually, smirking at her brother. He stared back at her from her laptop, which rested on her knees as she reclined on a pillow.

Heather! Freddie scolded with a hiss, his eyes narrowing. You cant be serious!

I am serious, Freddie. She folded her arms across her chest after placing the laptop on her bed before she straightened up. Leo is coming over–

And youre freaking staying there! He completed her sentence for her. Youre insane!

Insane? Heather repeated, glaring back at him. Tell me how I am insane!

Freddie wasnt just mad, he was fuming. Do I have to tell you that this Leo is a criminal? he retorted, barely keeping his voice low.

Hes my best friends brother! Heather defended fiercely. No matter who Leo was, Sherin still loved him, just like how Heather would love her brother no matter what. She would never let anyone accuse Leonardo like that. His crime was that he possessed drugs and hosted a drug party, but nobody knew who he was at heart. Yes, not even Heather did yet, but from all that she had learned from Sherin, Leonardo was not someone who deserved to be accused.

So what?

I trust her!

Whats that to do with this? Freddie sounded annoyed.

Leo is not bad if thats what youre trying to tell me, she defended again.

Honey. Freddie sighed, trying to make her understand. These sorts of men who use drugs–

He isnt using drugs now, Fred–

Just let me finish, he requested and continued as Heather impatiently pursed her lips. You have no idea what these sorts of men are capable of. They they use women. The words fell out of his mouth bitterly. Especially someone pretty and innocent like you. He sighed again and Heathers heart suddenly melted, hearing the affection in his voice. Youre my sister, I love you Heather, and I dont want you to be anywhere near this guy.

Heather closed her eyes and sighed deeply. Of course, it was obvious that Leonardo would be like that, but she couldnt judge someone without knowing them. She slowly opened her eyes. What are you proposing?

You should move out of there before he arrives, Freddie instructed softly. To dads apartment.

And stay there alone?! She wasnt going to.

Amusement flickered in Freddies eyes at her exclamation. Only for a few days until he leaves.

What if hes intending to stay for a long time? She threw her hands in the air. I hate staying alone in an apartment with strangers as my neighbors! Its far better if I stay here, and besides, I know how to take care of myself. God will protect me, too.

Freddie sighed, facepalming.

What? she asked.

Youre so stubborn, arent you? he asked.

Youre no better.

Thats it! Im coming to LA! Freddie blurted out.

For what?

Ill stay with you in dads apartment until he leaves.

But you have other important things to do there! Heather pointed out. Youre going to be the CEO soon.

And thats not going to stop me from protecting my sister from a moron–

Dont call him a moron, Heather warned him.