Ch 24 ❃

Listen to the above video while reading-

Jeon Jungkook's POV:

I woke up in the hospital when I saw a girl with straight shoulders and big eyes sitting next to me.

"Who are you?", I asked.

I mean such a gentleman like me should know what's going around him, right?

Wait a minute.

Who am I?

And what am I doing in the hospital?

And why do I have a bandage on my head?

"Where am I?"

"You are at the hospital."

"I know that, but why?"

"You got into a car accident, your brain and skull are injured, and you lost your memory. You were in a coma for three weeks. Sir, what do you remember?"

"I remember, uh... Korean, English, how to do basic things, how does a hospital usually look like, and uh... nothing more."

"Do you know your family?"

"Miss, I don't even know my name."

"I see."

"How do you know so much about me?"

"I am the nurse here, sir."

"How can I find a job, or a house, I- I don't remember anything! Where would I go after I get discharged?!"

"I am a kind woman, so I can let you stay in my house. Anyways, I live alone and I could use a bit of company. I can help you find a job. Till then, stay in my house."

"Thank you so much! I promise I will return your kindness, miss."

"Oh, call me Lisa."

"Okay, Lisa."

"So you need to stay here for a few more days. After that Irene will give you some money to look for a job."

"Who is Irene?"

"She is the daughter of the original owner of this hospital. She is a very kind lady."

"Oh. I- I have heard her name somewhere."

"Huh?"

"N-nothing... nothing much."

"Okay then, here is your food."

"Thanks."

After that Lisa went away

I looked at my hand which was also bandaged.

The heck.

I ate the chicken noodle soup Lisa kept for me.

It does taste good.

Then my head suddenly started to pain.

It was like flashbacks were filling in.

"Jungkook!"

"What do you want?!"

"Please don't be angry with me."

"Huh?! AFTER ALL THIS?! AND YOU WANT ME TO NOT BE ANGRY AT YOU?! HOW COULD YOU EVEN THINK?!"

"Jungkook just listen.  Please!"

"I am sorry, but I HATE YOU!"

AARGH!!!!

"Are you fine?"

I opened my eyes to see Lisa.

"Uh, yes, I am fine."

"You are sweating a lot and I heard you screaming now, so you are not fine. What happened?"

"Nothing, just headache... and flashbacks."

"Oh. Happens to a lot of people with amnesia. Have this pill. It won't stop the flashes but it will decrease them. That's a symptom of amnesia."

She said while handing me a pill and a glass of water.

"Can't you cure it?", I asked.

"Cure what?"

"My amnesia."

"No, amnesia is caused by brain damage. You had hit your head in the accident. There are currently no treatments that can essentially cure amnesia, but instead, treatments concentrate on condition management. Treatment focuses on therapies and techniques that help improve the quality of life. Now, have that pill."

I gulped the pill.

"So, what did you know about yourself after that flashback?", she asked.

"Um... my name might be Jungkook. And... um... I hated a girl... for... something I don't really know about."

"Well, Irene is the one who is paying for your treatment and she is also the one who brought you in. She told me your name is Jeon Jungkook."

"Jungkook...Jeon Jungkook."

"Don't stress yourself or else the headache will grow."

"Yeah, yeah, right."

"So, Jungkook, you ate your soup?"

"Yeah."

"Good. I'll leave you now."

"Hm. Okay, bye."

"Bye. Sleep well."

"It's afternoon."

"And your health thinks it's best for you to sleep. Bye."

And she went away.

"I am sorry, but I HATE YOU!"

Why are those words keep ringing in my head all the time?

To be continued...

╔═.✵.══════════╗

Has everything changed now?

I'm crying

disappeared

collapsed

In this sandcastle left alone

Looking at the shattered mask

╚══════════.✵.═╝