Chapter 1: Fifth year

The Gryffindors were currently celebrating their quidditch win over Slytherin. The Marauders were all sprawled on the couch. 

"Now, look who's here," James commented.

Sierra White had just entered the room. She had black hair and grey eyes. She almost always wore her signature leather jacket if she could. Some people said she was Sirius Black's s twin, but she would just scoff. 

 Gryffindor. Half-blood. Bad girl.  Heartbreaker. Fashion Plate. Nerd. Recluse. She was always chewing bubblegum. Her friends included Regulus Black and Remus Lupin. That was it. She didn't talk to anyone else. If anyone else approached her, she would hex them.

 Regulus, Remus, and Sierra even had their own little syndicate of chaos themselves. They called themselves the Scarred. Nobody knew why they called themselves that. 

Then they noticed she had tears in her eyes. Remus got up. Sierra was leaning weakly against the wall.

"Excuse me, I have to go." Remus hurried over to her, and they left the party. 

The next day, Regulus and Remus were walking on both sides of her, protectively. The school was used to her friendship with both of them, but it was still strange. Her head was leaning against Regulus' shoulder and her face was tear stained. they stopped at the Potions Classroom.

"I'll meet you in the library after lunch." Regulus promised. 

Remus nodded. Sierra let him hug her before the two Gryffindors walked into the classroom. Sirius was in the classroom along with the rest of the Marauder's and fifth year Hufflepuffs. Sierra sat down next to Remus and class started. 

James and Sirius sat across the room from them. The latter then stood up on his chair. Sierra scoffed and rolled her eyes. She knew what was coming.

"If you'll pay attention, my brother has an announcement to make." Sirius shouted.

"Lily Evans, I've loved you from the moment I first saw you, will you go to Hogsmeade with me next weekend?" James said, kneeling down next to Lily who was already shaking her head.

"Mr. Black please switch seats with Mr. Lupin." Slughorn ordered.

Sierra's face went pale. She hated Sirius Black.

"BUT PROFESSOR!" Sierra protested. 

"Sierra, I know you don't like Mr. Black but if you look closely you'll find that you two are a lot alike." Professor Slughorn tried to calm her.

Sirius dramatically sat next to her, his hand touching a piece of her perfectly placed hair. She glared at him. 

"NO TOUCHING THE HAIR!" She threatened. 

"Sheesh, fine. I don't why Professor Slughorn thinks we're anything alike. Do you see the similarities?" Sirius asked her, honestly.

Professor Slughorn tried to contain his laughter. James, Remus, and Peter all started to laugh. James even went as far when he threw himself onto the floor, holding his stomach. He had completely cracked at Sirius' comment.

"Not one bit. Now shut up and listen." Sierra answered.

Sirius nodded, rolling his eyes in the process. Sierra mimicked his eyerolling. Sirius playfully shoved her an inch off the bench.

"REMUS! Sirius touched me!" Sierra whined.

Remus rolled his eyes to heaven. 

"Sirius, stop shoving her." Remus said, looking at his book.

"But she's sitting on my bench!" Sirius protested.

"IT'S A TWO PERSON BENCH YOU MORON!" Sierra said. 

Slughorn finally had had enough.

"Mr. Lupin please switch seats with Mr. Black. And detention this afternoon with the Grays. Pardon me, Sirius and Sierra." He said, half smiling to himself.

James, Remus and Peter again started to laugh like lunatics.

Sierra mouth a 'yes!' and smiled as Remus sat back down next to her. Almost instantly, she leaned against him. She was exhausted. At home she'd been having many sleepless nights in fear for her life. This only Remus and Regulus knew.

Remus wrapped an arm around her shoulders. He was worried about Sierra. She hadn't eaten in a while. He knew that at home, her parents would punish her for the smallest things. They would starve her. He and Reg had also figured out that out of habit she would punish herself for the same things. 

After Potions class, Sierra weakly walked along side Remus who it was safe to say was pretty much holding the girl up. 

"Let's go to the kitchens. You need food." Remus said, turning them around. 

Sierra nodded and let Remus sweep her up into his arms. Regulus met them at the kitchens. As he held open the door, the elves greeted the rather common guests at the kitchens.

"Sira, you need to eat." Regulus said, bringing her a cup of tea and sandwich. 

"I know and I'm sorry. I just- It's hard to break habit. And I don't want to break it, so I don't get into trouble at home. I'd rather starve then be crucio'd!" Sierra stated.

"And we'd rather you stay alive then die!" Remus said, sitting next to them.

"Sierra, you'd have nobody if it wasn't for us. How Remus and I get along is beyond me. But you brought us together! We need you to save alive. Do it for the scarred. Stay alive for us!"  Regulus pleaded. 

Sierra groaned and nodded. 

"Scarred forever." She began.

"Alone never." The two boys followed.

A/N 

I accidently said "But Professor" out loud. really glad nobody heard me. 

and I accidently backspaced everything but thank you Jesus for Control + Z 

And I just realized how close Sierra is to Sirius. Oops. 

That was completely an accident. 

Dang I have a lot of accidents. 

This is also one of my best titles. 

Smokers AND BUBBLEGUM! I LOVE IT! OOH ACTUALLY 

TITLE POLL

Do it For the Scarred

The Scarred

OR 

Cigarettes and Bubblegum