Chapter 3: The Scarred Origin Story

Flashback:

2nd year.

Regulus Black was crying in the hallway. After being sorted into Slytherin, his brother had abandoned him. Only then did Sierra and Remus walk by. Sierra instantly felt sorry for the young boy and sat down next to him.

"Sierra White. Gryffindor. 2nd year. This here's Remus Lupin. Gryffindor. Same year. Who are you?" She had started her tradition of missing the Great Feast that year. 

"Regulus Black. Slytherin. First year?" He said, confused.

She chuckled. Remus sat reluctantly down next to him.

"So, what was it like to grow up with your git of a brother?" Sierra asked.

"He won't even talk to me here."  Reg cried.

"That's just because he's a git. And he's scared of what everyone else will think if he's seen hanging out with you."  Sierra said.

"Are you friends with Sirius?" Reg asked.

"Ha. Not in a million years, Pequeno. Remus is but he's a lot nicer than Sirius." Sierra said, pulling the small child closer to her.

"Pequeno?" Reg questioned, looking up at Sierra.

He had to admit she looked like Sirius' twin.

"Small one in Spanish." She explained.

Remus and Sierra then moved across the hall for a few minutes, talking.

"Regulus, Sierra and I have thought about it, and we've decided to adopt you." Remus said, half laughing. 

Regulus looked confused again.

"He means that we will be your friends. I Sierra Noria White"

"And I Remus John Lupin" 

"We promise to love you. We will not judge you. We will protect you. We will trust you. Sirius should never have treated you that way he did. We promise too always be there for you if you are there for us. When you get older of course, right now, you are our child." Sierra said, smiling.

Regulus honestly looked like he was about to cry again. 

"I, Regulus Arcturus Black-" He paused, a dark look coming onto his face.

Sierra and Lupin looked skeptical.

"am very happy with this arrangement." Reg said, bursting out laughing.

Sierra and Remus laughed happily. 

"Thank yo-" 

"What's going on?" A voice said, sneering down at them.

It was Severus Snape, Mulciber, and other evil Slytherins. The trio stand up. Sierra pushed Regulus behind her and Lupin. 

"What do you want?" Sierra sneers back.

"I asked first." Snape said, glaring at them.

"We were talking to Reg. You know cuz we're friends."  Sierra answered, her voice hard.

"You were talking to this mud blood!?" Snape asked, disgusted.

Sierra shoved Snape against the wall and Lupin pushed Reg further behind them.

"I'm a half-blood. But I wouldn't let Lily Evans hear you say that if I were you." Sierra threatened.

Snape shrunk against the wall. But then a stinging hex flew and Sierra jerked back. Mulciber had cast it.

"You'll be sorry for that, Rat." She snapped, throwing a hex at him.

He dodged it and cast one back. She felt blood running down her cheek. Remus held Regulus behind him as they watched in fear for their friend. 

"I'd stop if I were you." A voice called.

Three Gryffindors came and pointed their wands at the Slytherins. James, Sirius, and Peter had arrived. 

"White, Rem, are you ok?" James asked.

"There's one more person that you should be asking that question too." Sierra said, lightly.

James finally noticed Regulus. 

"oh, sorry. Are you ok? Regulus, is it?" James asked.

"I'm fine. And yes, I'm Regulus! Sirius! Thanks for coming to the rescue!" Regulus said, admiring his older brother.

Sirius ignored him.

"Sierra are you ok? You're bleeding." Sirius asked, reaching up to touch the cut. 

She whipped angerly away from him.

"I AM PERFECTLY FINE. IF YOU CAN'T TALK TO YOUR BROTHER POLITELY THEN YOU SHAN'T HAVE THE PLEASURE OF TALKING TO ME!" Sierra grabbed Regulus' hand and they stormed off and Lupin followed her. 

In the following year, Lupin was a Marauder, but he still spent a lot of time with The Scarred.

That was how Sierra White got her reputation. She wouldn't talk to anybody that wouldn't talk to both Lupin and Black. She was a ruthless woman who protected what was her own.

A/N 

The Scarred Origin Story!! YAY
I love the name of this chapter. Ok. So. I have been pumping out updates a lot. I would really appreciate votes and comments. 

I love reading comments.

God Bless, 

Pads