Chapter 2

Eyyyy, chapter 2 motherfųckers. Never thought i would write this but here we are. Thanks to all of y'all who commented, it really made my day :) Happy 1 year anniversary ig
Back to your daily cringy as hell chapter.

It was finally the day that Donkey would appear at the edge of Shrek's garden. Shrek was obviously nervous since anything could happen. Fiona could suddenly come back or the possibility that Donley wouldn't even show up rang in his head.

"He'll show up, right?" Shrek thought to himself while planting one of his less dangerous plants. Daisies, they were Fiona's favorites, and for some odd reason she demanded some be immediately planted in the garden.

Nevermind the fact that Shrek would've started planting them if Fiona had mentioned in the passing that she liked Daisies, but it was just plain rude!

Nothing that Shrek could say about that though, he would surely lose all the progress made with seeming to have lost interest in anyone but Fiona. He really couldn't have that, the meeting with Donkey would happen at midnight and he had to hold on until then.

Shrek heard movement coming from the kitchen and knew it was Fiona. Who else would be in his swamp?

"Shrek!" He heard Fiona cry out to him, "have you finished with my daisies?" Shrek could swear that her screeching could burst his eardrums. Oh wait-

"Yes dear, they look pretty but not as pretty as you!" He shouted out gently while also feeling like vomiting and getting a headache at the same time.

"Why thank you dear, I'll go look at them while I have the time," he heard Fiona say dismissively. Fųcking hell, all that work and Fiona couldn't even bother to come and look at them. She was even the one that had requested the flowers in the first place.

Shrek took a deep breath to calm himself and stood up, his back creaking slightly in protest. He looked down at the plants and observed them. Their white petals all looked unblemished and had no obvious signs of damage or dirt on them. That seemed good enough for Shrek and he went off to go do the dishes.

While doing the dishes, he felt a sense of giddiness rising up from excitement. Only a few more hours until he could see Donkey again!

Shrek didn't notice Fiona enter the kitchen untill she said, "why've you got such a big grin on your face Shrek?" Suspicion entered her tone and only pure will kept him from tensing up at the stare that was undoubtedly observing his every move.

Shrek tried to keep any betrayal of his true feeling of Fiona seep into his tone and started saying as cheerfully as he could, "Oh, well I was thinking of your daisies and how wonderful you look today as usual!"

Shrek kept on scrubbing and prayed to the swanp gods that she would believe him. They answered his prayers. "All right, I'll be off at town this evening," Fiona stepped near him and got close to his tubular ear, "I better not come back and see an empty swamp. Am I clear, Shrek?" She whispered threateningly in his ear.

Shrek nodded bashfully and kept on with the dishes.

"Good ogre," and the steps faded off into their bedroom. He was relieved that he had passed Fiona's test and his plan to meet Donkey was slowly coming into action.

Ik it's been so long since I've updated this story but here. Sorry the chapter's so short, I decided to end it here because my writing style's prolly changed a bit since back then and it would be awkward to introduce a different way of writing mid chapter. Have at it you freaks.