TenKami (Tenya Iida/Denki Kaminari)

Iida's POV :) (You're welcome JJ 🙄🫶)

I was standing in front of the class, Yaoyorozu beside me, as I finished explaining what we were doing today, Aizawa sensei having already fallen asleep in the corner as he announced we would be in charge that day.

I scanned the room as Momo passed out the papers for
the pop quiz that had been assigned, when something caught my eye.

One of my classmates, who typically never passed up the chance to goof off, was shushing his friends before turning back towards the front.

His golden eyes widen in surprise when we make eye contact, and he sits there frozen for a moment before sending me his signature grin and taking the paper from Momo's hand and getting started on it.

I wasn't the only one who noticed the strange behavior seeing as when I looked toward Nicole, we made eye contact and she shrugged, a smug smile on her face as she leaned over and mumbled something to Bakugou, who scoffed and rolled his eyes in response.

Not wanting to look like an idiot for standing there for so long, I swiftly made my way back to my seat and sat down, beginning the test before me.

The entire period was spent on the test, those who finished early drifting off into quiet groups, one of those groups being Nicole and Bakugou, the latter of which being shushed repeatedly by the former.

I was in a group by myself, monitoring the final test-takers from the front of the room when the behavior of a certain blonde once again caught my attention.

Kaminari was quietly tapping his pencil against the desk in what seemed to be an anxious manner, occasionally glancing up at me when he thought I wasn't looking. At one point he looked up and we made eye contact once again, but this time instead of freezing, his expression softened slightly and he waved like he had been trying to catch my eye in the first place.

I couldn't assist him on his test, and he knew that, so why attempt to get my attention?

Before I knew it, the bell had rung and he was setting his paper on Aizawa sensei's desk before getting dragged out toward the lunchroom by Kirishima and Sero.

My focus had been so stuck on Denki that I barely acknowledged Bakugou's swearing. "Hey dumbass- You coming?"

I turned to scold him for using foul language in a school setting but Nicole was already shaking her head. "I'm gonna sit with Izu today."

I half expected him to make a fuss about it, seeing as he and Midoryia didn't quite get along, but he merely nodded and walked out.

Was everyone acting odd lately?

"Ani-" He paused and shook his head, looking rather embarrassed as he walked over to Nicole. "Nikki- You're sitting with us today?"

"Mhm-" The two of them walked out the door, with Ururaka and I quick to follow.

When we got to the table, Todoroki was already sitting there eating his cold soba. Ochako and Izuku joined him on the bench, leaving Nicole and me to sit on the other side of the table.

"Nicole-"

She looked up, her chopsticks hovering in front of her mouth. "Huh?"