I promise, a Katsuki Birthday Special

A/N:
Ok- So I am well aware this is literally a month late, but that's not important.
Also, fair warning, at some point while I was writing this I turned it into a mild angst- Idk I had a rough week and apparently thought y'all should suffer with me. Good luck <3

It was about four thirty,
and I was in the dorms kitchen, humming to myself as I mixed together the contents in a bowl.

I was making a cake for Katsuki's birthday, so I had to get up super early in order to finish it before his five thirty run.

I had tried to get up earlier but I had a fight with my alarm clock. To summarize, I need a new one.

I set the bowl down and carefully buttered the pan, making sure it would be slick enough to make removing the cake easy, then lifted the bowl once again and poured its contents into the pan.

After slipping the pan into the oven and starting the timer, I wiped my hands on my pant leg- It was laundry day anyways so it didn't really matter.

Flipping my phone over so I could see the screen I hopped up on the counter, legs swinging gently, soft thuds coming from the wooden doors each time one of my heels tapped them.

The room was silent other than the gentle hum of the refrigerator, the atmosphere calm.

Scrolling through Tumblr, I couldn't help as I started humming. The silence was too loud and it was going to trigger an attack if I didn't.

My attacks stemmed from my ODC, if a room is too quiet or too loud, time will seem to speed up, any and all sound around me will be going at double speed, while I feel like I'm trying to navigate through quicksand. My body and mind feels heavy and that makes me panic, which leads to an anxiety attack, so I do my best to avoid having them.

I paused my humming to read a more interesting post, and I was suddenly aware of faint footsteps making their way to the kitchen.

They were light, as if trying to avoiding alerting anyone in the home, but I was trained to notice small things like that.

There was only one person who was ever awake this early in the morning, so I already knew who it was, but still I listened to the soft tapping of him walking across the hardwood regardless.

"What kind of dumbass is in the kitchen baking first thing in the-" Turning into the doorway, his crimson eyes met mine and his expression softened, the irritation replaced with a subtle smile. "Dumbass-"

"Hey Suki. Happy birthday.."

He blinked a few times, staring at me, before walking over. "You woke up early just for that?"

Setting my phone back down on the counter, I nodded, heart racing as he stepped closer. "Mhm-" I placed my hands on his shoulders as his came to rest on my hips, not doing much to ease my beating heart.

"You look exhausted Nick.." His voice was much softer now, the angry tone from when he first walked into the room gone entirely, replaced with a calm and caring one. "You really didn't have to do that."

"I know.." Cupping his jaw with my hands, I pulled him closer so that our foreheads were touching. "But I wanted to- You've done so much for me, just by staying by and on my side. Besides." I felt myself smile as he began to rub small circles on my sides, the area exposed to the cool air because of the cropped shirt I was wearing. "We've had a pretty rough year so I thought it would be nice.."