thirteen

"Maeve?" Maeve opened her eyes and found Ash and Fez looking down at her.

"Where am I?" Maeve groaned, sitting up straight.

"You're in heaven." Ash looked at her as she looked back with a confused look. Ash laughed. "Yo chill, I'm just playin."

Maeve rolled her eyes at the boy then looked back at Fez.

"Thanks for this guys." She smiled, playing with the necklace around her neck.

Fez didn't answer instead looked at the necklace Maeve was fidgeting with.

"A? Does your name not start with a M? Oh is your name like Amaeve?" Fez nodded, confident that Maeve's name was "Amaeve."

Maeve laughed. "Oh no As-" Ash interrupted her.

"Nah it's her grandmas, right Maeve?" Ash looked at her. She could tell in his eyes that he didn't want her to say anything.

Maeve slowly nodded. "Yeah. Her name was Abigail." Maeve wasn't lying about that. That was her dead grandma's name. That's what she loved even more about this necklace.

After talking with Fez and Ash for a bit Maeve started to think about her real family. Shit she missed them.

"Maeve?" Ash called as he saw her tears form as she walked out of the living room.

She walked to Ash's room sitting on his bed, her tears falling onto her cheek.

Ash walked in, not saying anything. He sat down beside her and just listened to her sobs.

"They always come back when you learn to stop needing them." Maeve scoffed, using her shirt as a tissue.

"What?"

"Nothin'."

"No Maeve," Ash scotched closer to her. "That wasn't nothing."

"My family. God, I miss them everyday but today it's like everything I do just reminds me of how I'm living without them." Maeve started sobbing louder, laying her head on Ash's shoulder as he played with her hair. They sat in silence. Just the two of them. Ash and Maeve.

"Hey. I grew up not being able to have the opportunity of growing up with a mom and dad. Laughing at a movie with my mom. Telling my dad about my first girlfriend. I never got the feeling of sharing my problems with my parents." Ash looked at the ground. Maeve picked her head up quickly and looked at Ash in the eyes.

"I'm here for you. Always."

"Thanks, Mae." Maeve didn't say anything instead embraced Ash in a warm hug. Ash wasn't the type of person to enjoy hugs, he liked it more rough.

But something about Maeve.

They separated from the hug as soon as Ash got a phone call.

"Oh hold up." Ash walked out of the room as Maeve nodded.

Maeve laid down on the bed and waited for Ash. She could hear him on the phone with someone.

"Nah I'm busy right now." Ash said, Maeve listening.

ASHTRAYS POV

"Yo Gia, the fuck you want?" I whispered in Fez's room. Hoping Maeve won't hear.

"I miss you. When are you coming over? You should come over now." Gia giggled over the phone.

"Nah I'm busy right now." I told her.

"Are you with Maeve?" Gia shouted a bit.

"I'm always with Maeve. She lives here?" I said, rubbing my hand across my forehead. "Why do you care?"

"Fine then I'll come to you." Gia hung up.

"Fuck." I muttered. Maeve was upset. She does not need the drama of me and Gia's relationship mixed into it.

I walked back into the room giving Maeve a smile.

"Hey. Who was that?" Maeve smiled, sitting up.

"No one. Just a friend." I shrugged. Maeve nodded.

A knock on the door came to be. Shit.

"I'll get it!" Maeve yelled, walking out the room towards the door.

"No, Maeve wait." I ran after her.

She opened the door and a angry Gia came to be.

"Oh hey G. I-" Before Maeve could finish Gia smirked at me and ran over to me. She grabbed my face and practically devoured my whole face.

Ew.

I pulled out of the kiss and looked at Maeve, who was now tearing up looking at me in disbelief.

"The fuck you staring at?" Gia yelled in Maeve's face as Maeve flinched. "That's my man."

Maeve looked at Gia for a while before running out of the house.

"Maeve wait." I said, running after her. Gia got ahold of my hand though.

"You're really gonna run after her? When I'm dressed like this?" Gia was wearing tight leggings and a cropped shirt.

"Yeah. I am." I slammed the door running after Maeve.

"Maeve wait! Please!"

Maeve turned around and looked at me.

"You serious? You know everything I've been through in just one fucking day-" Maeve's voice began to crack. "I didn't need this today, Ash."

"Maeve I promise it's not like that." She looked at me and shook her head.

"No no no. I know it's like that. You're fucking lying to me!" Maeve gave me a look that could probably kill me. Her face fell to the ground as she muttered something.

"Why my best friend?" She sniffled. My heart dropped.

"I didn't kn-"

"No you don't get to talk. I'm done. Me staying at your house? Over. This literally summer fling? Over." Maeve pointed between the both of us. I felt my eyes fill with tears.

"You don't mean that."

"Oh trust me. I mean every fucking word, Ash. Every word." Her tears wouldn't stop falling. I felt mine fall too. She scoffed and walked away.

"Maeve."

"Stop saying my name!" Her voice began loud. "You don't get to call me Maeve anymore."

"I love you."

☀︎︎
AUTHOR SPEAKS!!

YALL.

THE CLIFFHANGER?? IM CRYING.

Ash getting bold😏😏

Sorry i haven't updated in a while😞

hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! - bree