Stumbling Upon Love

Yelena's Pov
I just left my home and decide to walk to the nearest stream to get some more fresh water for my plants. I fill my bucket with cool water and start to head back to my cottage when I hear rustling and a tree branch snap. The voice of whatever caught my attention let out a very loud "ow" followed by a string of curses. I rush over to see if I could help, making my way past a couple trees and a few bushes to another part of the stream.

My eyes land on a man

My eyes land on a man. A handsome man. My heart jumps when I see him. He has pale skin and brown hair, he had his hunting bag with him. I immediately knew he was from the village, a place I had never been. He held his ankle and I could see blood coming from underneath his hand. I take a step forward, careful not to startle him. He looks up quickly, hearing my step.

Chris' Pov
I hear leaves crunch and lift my head to see what made the sound. All noise ceased and my eyes could only focus on what was in front of me. A beautiful woman with ginger hair and brown almost shimmering skin standing next a tree, across the stream from where I was sitting. She held a bucket and her wings were spread out. She stares at me as a stare at her, not one of us saying a word. She blushes, pushing some of her hair out of her face. She walks through the stream, as it was only 2-3 inches deep, and kneels next to me. She gives me a small smile, resting her hand on mine. Butterflies soared in my stomach and my heart pounded a thousand beats per minute. A glow radiates from her skin and a feeling of relief goes through my body as I feel my pain cease.

My eyes stay on her as she keeps her hand on mine, a feeling I was getting used to. She notices my stare and blushes once again. I smiled and to my surprise, she smiles back widely, letting out a small laugh. A beautiful sound, a sound I think I can listen to forever. She pulls her hand from mine and stands up from the ground. She holds out her hand, waiting for me to take it. I grab her outstretched hand and stand up and was shocked when I felt no pain whatsoever.

"Thank you." I say softly. She shakes her head.

"Of course. It was no problem." She says just as soft. I take time to study her face. Her skin glowed, her lashes were long and wispy which brought out her beautiful brown eyes. Her lips were full and glossy and shimmer covered her cheeks. She wore a green mid length dress. It was flowy and she wore simple green shoes to match.

Yelena's Pov
The man kept a somewhat mesmerized stare on me, just as I did on him. His eyes were a charming green, soft and gentle. He had the most handsome features. He was tall, about a foot taller than me. Our hands were still together and once we realized, we quickly separate, shying away from each other only slightly. We smile, both blushing when the man turned to me,

"How did you do that? I thought for certain I broke my ankle but now I don't feel anything" He says. I stretch my wings out again.

"My power is the heal. I got it from my mother." I grin. My eyes widen,

"Oh! Do you need anything? Something to drink or eat? You must be tired." I say. I point in the direction of my home. He smiles and nods.

"Sure! I would love something to drink."He says. We start walking down the stream. As we walk the man turned his head towards me and says,

"I never got your name. Mine is Chris." He held out his hand to shake. I put my hand in his and there was no doubt a spark. We look in each other's eyes,

"My name is Yelena." I say.

"Yelena" He repeats lightly. "Beautiful name." I blush heavily.

"Thank you." I start to walk in the direction of my home. I can see Chris looking around at all the different plant and animal life. The fairies flying around, and the magical toads jumping about.

It was only half a mile away so we got to my home in less than 10 minutes

It was only half a mile away so we got to my home in less than 10 minutes. I opened my door and lead Chris to my kitchen. We set our belongings down and Chris settles at the table. I walk over to my cabinet and grab two glasses and some fresh strawberry lemonade with ice I made before I left. I set the glasses down, pouring the lemonade into them. Chris grabs his glass and takes a sip. He hums in delight.

"Wow that's really good." He says. I bring out some pound cake with lemon icing. I cut him a slice, give him a fork and wait for him to try it. His eyes widen and he smiles widely.

"This is amazing! The best cake I ever had." I blush, happy that he's happy with my recipe.

"I'm glad you like it! I've been working on that recipe for months." I laughed. I sat across from him and poured a glass of lemonade and cut a piece of cake for myself. We sat in silence. Not uncomfortable or awkward but a nice, calm silence. We continue to eat and start talking.

"You're from the village?" I say, putting a piece of cake in my mouth. Chris nods.

"Yes I am. I was out in the woods looking for some references to draw." He pulls out a sketchbook from his bag.

"May I?" I say. He nods, handing me his book. On the cover it had his name and when the book was started. I opened the cover and looked through the pages and the artwork was incredible. Trees, animals, and plants filled the pages with color and washes of ink.

"These are amazing. How did you learn to draw like this?" I say looking up from the book. His eyes meet mine, a hint of sadness taking over.

"My father taught me. He gave me this sketchbook and I've been using it ever since." Somehow, I could tell that his father was a sensitive subject so I decided not to push any further. I smile and close the book to hand it back to him.

When we finish I start grabbing my dishes. I turn back from the sink to get Chris' but before I can he shakes his head.

"You gave me something to eat and drink, I can at least clean my dishes." He says with a small smile. He gets up and walks to the sink.

"You don't have to." I say. He shakes his head,

"It's okay, really." He cleans his dishes and we walk to my front door together. Chris opens the door and walks out. He turns to me and with a smile says,

"Thank you again. For helping me and the cake was amazing. I would love to see you again and maybe have another piece?" He says hopefully with a smile. I nod, knowing that I would love to see him again.

"I would love that." He turns and starts walking back in the direction of the village. Before he got too far, he spins around and waves to me. I wave back, grinning ear to ear.