Seeing You Again

Chris' Pov
It's been a couple days since I've seen Yelena and I wanted to see her again. I pace my room thinking of the right words to say to her when I see her. I lack confidence in my ability to charm her, but I think maybe flowers would be my best bet.

So, I leave my house, kissing my mother on her head and head to the flower market down the brick path. I pick up some roses and pink flowers I didn't know the name of and pay the older man that ran the market. I wrapped some twine around the flowers to keep them in place and headed for the road leading into the green forest. I walk the same path I did when I met Yelena in hopes that she would be somewhere in the area.

I end up at the same spot where I injured myself and before I can make it across the stream to the other side I hear,

"Hi."

It was the same voice that I had been daydreaming about.

I turn my body to face the direction of the voice and there she was. Looking just as beautiful as when I first saw her. I try to hide my excitement, giving her a small smile.

"Hi. I was hoping to see you again." I finish my walk across the water, and I hold out the flowers for her to take.

"I brought you some flowers. I hope you like them." She took them from me and held them up to her nose.

"I love them. Thank you." She smiled. Her hair was slicked back into a bun, her skin was glowing, and her outfit was simple but stunning, at least I thought so. She had on some shorts with a top that she probably knitted or crocheted.

"I was wondering if you would like to take a walk. Maybe. If not, that's fine." I stumble over my words. She laughs at my rambling and nods,

"Sure." She speaks.

We walk down the path parallel to the stream, walking in silence. I glance around, watching the different creatures that lived in the forest. We stop at a tree and sit in the shade.

The sounds of the stream, the birds were loud and the sun beamed

The sounds of the stream, the birds were loud and the sun beamed. Yelena sat her flowers down and rested her hands into her lap. There were so many things I wanted to say to her but didn't know how. I couldn't look away from her. She looked gorgeous and I wanted to tell her, but I didn't know what she would say. We had only just met, and I didn't want to make anything awkward.