05

" I can't believe you chose to kill Nina Dad", the girl in her dark blue school uniform says frustration covering her angelic features ," it's not fair she's been with  Yinlee for years she helped ( fictional characters in her father's fantasy series) her defeat all villains that is just ...unjust " pouting she adds the little girl.

" How did you kno ..." her father precedes to ask when she interrupts " "I couldn't sleep last night so I read some of your drafts "

"Ms Ayla didn't I say no more reading my drafts , and they're only drafts somethings probably won't even make it to the final book"
"I just love Nina she's a good person " "character!" her father corrects and continuous to serve their breakfast
she's loyal she is a Good friend to Yinlee ,can you please promise me to give her a happy ending !"

"Is that what my warrior wants !? " Ayla made very clear since she was three years old that she doesn't want to be called Princess but warrior instead , " we'll see about that sweetheart shall we go before we're late for your class , " you excited !"

"you're staying right ! today is the school swimming competition !"

"of course I have to be there when you get your first gold medal " he kneels and leaves a gentle kiss on her cheek .

*

A week should be more han enough for wheein to scratch whatever that happened that night, she still hasn't send Joo hyuk the painting I mean he still didn't press charges yet , that was one good thing she thought , before Ali came in with a hesitant knock on the door and a frightened face , she called it.

"what is it Ali !" she asked not for an answer but for details it was already written all over his face that something horrible has happened "we've received this report to inform us that we're obliged to send Mr Joo hyuk the painting within 12 hours or ...." Ali took a breath "You can send it " wheein said getting up of her seat " we have a meeting now right let's go " she seemed emotionless like what happened to all of that anger when she first found out, Ali could see that something has happened and not because of the charges , there was definitely something more than that to the story,

The meeting went too well, for a place packed of people discussing art and business it isn't that safe of a place.

*

She's been looking into that paper for the past half an hour , it had his phone number should she call and ask to talk to him .

" I just wanted a memory of us " there's no such a thing as us , why would you want to talk to him wheein why would you do that it's been years you know nothing about him anymore he's not the same person and clearly you're not, wheein focus you need to talk to him and try and get your painting back that's it ! , you started this Joo hyuk.

"Hello ! "

"Hello ! , Wow it took longer than I expected ! Wheeinah "

She ignored that commentary and the fact he used her name that way , he has no right to act like he knows her , he knew a version and that wheein doesn't exist anymore she thought to herself.

"Wednesday at 3pm , You free ? "

"Yes , wanna hand me the painting yourself ? Ms wheein"

"No I want to talk "

Silence folded the space between them for a moment before he added "I'll be waiting for you "

Cutting off the call abruptly she felt her heart pacing, she realized how different it is from before , how she hated his voice now, the amount of envy that she held for this man is endless , but she would be a complete fool to deny that ,that same voice still made her whole body shiver those dark eyes of his, now that she's recalling that night at the gallery, they've been haunting her everywhere, trying to convince herself that the only reason that she's doing this is for the painting she knows very well that's not the only side to the truth she's getting a sparkle of hope and as far as she has experienced that often doesn't end well having hope for the wrong people can bring you to your end.

It was a cold afternoon for a day in November, the long white coat over her beige dress , she would never admit that but she did sit for about two hours trying to get ready, and she did successed it doesn't look like she tried too hard , her boots meeting the crisp s few dying autumn leaves against the concrete , there was a brief wind across the closed street the coffeeshop is taking place by the end of it, she can't deny the bit of excitement running in her body right now it's there , but she chose not to think of it, she's few steps away from him and it's not a coincidence she chose to see him she chose to talk and ask , whether or not she's ready for the answers, are there even going to be any answers ? Would she even be brave enough to ask the right questions is there even a point of asking those questions after all these years, after all only little that she knows about him now, she reminded herself as she took a step into the coffee shop and saw his figure his legs crossed a book in hands he seemed relaxed and just like he has always been there , making wheein question was it all a dream !

To be continued....