Chapter Four: I Guess I'm Still Just an Idiot

(Still...)Toby

Ten... Eleven... Twelve—and thirteen! Huh...this place looks a whole LOT like the house where I was watching that pretty girl. Who knows? Maybe I'm lucky, and that's the girl Slender was talking about.

I walk into the house's backyard...and there's the oak tree I was in... (The oak tree you fell from, Toby.)

I climb up the tree, sitting on the same thick branch I did two days ago. The window wasn't covered from the inside by shades or curtains, so I had a clear view of her room, at least.

I look through the window, blinking a few times to make sure I really am seeing her. And sure enough, I am. She's laying down, her H/L hair is sprawled out in all directions under her on her bed, headphones/earbuds on/in her ears, her eyes closed. She looks so innocent and peaceful~ I could look at her forever...

***

"Toby. Wake up. Now." I felt someone push me sideways. And, then—SMACK. I open my eyes to see...the sky. I think I fell out of the tree. Again.

Dumb Masky... Pushing me out of  a tree, I'll show him! I climb back up the tree, glaring at that stupid, orange jacket. Once I got back up there, I sat down next to Hoods. "What cha do that for, Tim?"

"I felt like it." I sigh, frowning. Classic, Tim. Really original. I dip my hand into my pocket, pulling the peach-colored sticker-like patch out. I lift the neckline of my shirt down, pulling the clingy adhesive off of the patch and placing it on the area where my neck and shoulder meet.

"What's that thing? You're doing drugs, Toby?"

"AHAHAHA, NO. I'm not on drugs, dummy. Who on earth would be my dealer, anyways? It's my syrup patch. For my waffle cravings." I explained. But under Tim's mask, I think he was either trying not to laugh or still confused... "So... What's the plan?"

Instead of Tim, Brian spoke up this time. He usually does, when we're on important proxy missions. Tim always forgets things so easily, with that awful memory of his. "T-the, uh, plan is—" Hoods clears his throat, his slightly high-pitched stuttery voice changing into his clearer, slightly deeper voice. "The plan is, we get in, try to convince her to come back with us, and done."

"What if we can't convince her, though?" I ask, wondering if we'll use the regular protocol when it comes to recruits.

"Then... blood shall be shed." Tim starts talking to himself again. Or maybe he's lost his voice again?

"Uh...huh." I nod slowly, pretending like I understood.

"WE'LL HAVE TO KILL HER, YOU IDIOT!" Masky jumps up, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me like a ragdoll. Heh, stupidity doesn't exist when you're annoying people.