Chapter 18: Fear Of The Unknown

Jungkook's pov

"Jungkook! Are you up?"

My eyes start to flicker open as I heard my dad knocking at my door. I checked the time to see that it was 9:15 am.

"Yeah, I'm up. Give me one second!"

My phone had a few texts from Namjoon.

From: Joon❣️

Tuesday, 9:00 am

Hey baby. Please call me when you wake up. It's urgent.

I quickly respond before getting up and opening the door for my dad.

"Goodmorning, son. Made some breakfast before you head out."

"Thanks, I appreciate that."

We walked down the stairs together and all three of us had a nice breakfast together. Just me, my dad and Hwan-Ho. A real family. Just like how it was before. It felt nice to just enjoy family time with them—sharing old stories and talking about making new ones. The future I had with dad and my new brother was so exciting that I could barely contain myself.

After breakfast, I said my goodbyes for now, promising I'd be back before we fly back to Korea. Dad held onto me tight like he'd never see me again. I assured him once more that it wasn't the last time.

Woo was waiting outside from me with the car door already open. He greets me.

"Goodmorning Mr. Jeon."

"Morning Woo."

I called up Namjoon since I finally had the chance.

It rang a few times before he picked up.

"Hello? Jungkook?"

"Hey. Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you. What's up?"

He sighs. "It's fine. Are you on your way back? Is Woo with you?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, good. Look, something came up with the ex worker of mine. Apparently she's touched down in California."

What?

"She's here? Why?"

"I don't know yet. My people are trying to locate her but there's no way her intentions are good."

"Yeah, no shit. Can we talk more when I get there?"

"Yeah okay. Bye for now."

We hang up and it suddenly becomes hard for me to sit in my seat. I became frightened at this girl's intentions. What if he tried to hurt Namjoon, or my friends?

It was too much for me to think about.

★★★★★

Super short chapter but next one is much longer. Hope whoever read enjoyed!!

-Kenya🤍