Chapter 1

"You're everything to me"

The smallest smiles graced her face, he sensed a hint of sarcasm in her expression maybe even disbelief. It was a weird mix. Her hand was cold when he reached out and placed his on top of hers watching as her eyes fluttered down to their joined hands, the simple feeling of feeling his fingers link around hers provided an immense amount of safety. Her eyes caught his gaze and out of fear she closed her eyes.

"I'm scared and I'm tired Fletch" her voice was weak and her eyes were red from how worn out she was, he could just tell she was struggling, the simple gesture of their joined hands giving them both an immense amount of comfort

"Tell me what you need, I'm here"

The way he was brushing his thumb over the top of her hand, the way their eyes were connected and never leaving one another's gaze. It all seemed to hurt him deep down at the thought of her giving up but he could see the wavering tiredness in her eyes and the exhaustion in her body, the way she was actively deteriorating in front of his eyes, it all just cut him up inside.

"I'm dying and there's nothing anyone can do-"

"You dont know that Elliot...he'll find a way"

"It's impossible, Fletch"

Her eyes fall shut, the tears falling down her face so he gently gets up and sits on the edge of the bed, their hands still joined. Leaning forward he kissed her on the forehead and she tried her best to sit up so he gently helped her and held her close.

"Can you take me somewhere?"

"You're meant to be resting"

He whispers and she shrugs slightly before raising an eyebrow to challenge him, some things never changed. He huffed at her very modest persuasion tactics allowing him to sigh and shake his head in disbelief that she was still demanding things of him still.

"Here" he helps her put her coat on and then moves her to the wheelchair "We're going to have to keep this between us though"

"Well I can keep a secret if you can" her eyes meet his and he couldnt help but laugh slightly at their little deal and how the simplicity of it obviously meant a lot to her but him as well "I trust you"

It was those words that made a difference, somehow the situation they were in didnt seem as tainted as it did before. The way he pushed her through the ward until they got to the lift and went down to the ground floor. Somehow he just knew where to take her.

"Thank you" she whispers hoarsely as he sits on the bench, she pushes the footrests of the wheelchair away from her feet before standing up and stumbling so he takes hold of her

"I've got you, I'm here" he guides her onto the bench and she hums slightly unable to muster up the words to even speak about everything, maybe it was just too difficult to comprehend

Fletch put his arms around her shoulders, his hand on the side of her arm. Her head flops onto his shoulder and he kisses her on the head softly. Smiling at Jac taking his hand, he looked down at her and she was peering up at him before looking up to the pale moon and twinkling stars, he follows her gaze.

"What do you think it's like?"

"What?" he asks tearing his eyes away from the sky, he looks at her and she smiles at him slightly

"Death"

"Jac please dont go there, Elliot will find a way to save you"

She shakes her head and he notices her shiver slightly so he takes his jacket off and puts it across her legs to make sure she was warm enough.