Chapter 20

A/N - I made what I thought Peter would look like through Picrew! Credit to @ravomU3U

It took three weeks for you to be let outside again. But even when outside Peter was there. He always seemed to be watching you or with you. When he was watching you, it didn't mean you were alone. Tinkerbell or one of the Lost Boys would be accompanying you wherever you wanted to go.

Crow was stuck to your side most of the time. He was finally well enough to walk and be outside yet he refused to join the others in hunting or water collection or whatever else they were doing. Then again they weren't trying to endear themselves to him either.

Ever since he'd come he'd been 'stealing' your attention. You'd heard Hawk complaining about it one night before Blue Jay told him to knock it off. In return your attention and stories had turned into a point of conflict. Everyone wanted you everywhere. It was sad to admit that the only quiet you got was when you were with Peter.

He would hold your hand as you walked through the forest or on the beach. It would only be the two of you. He was quiet most of the time you were together and you needed quiet. But that didn't mean you sought him out. He just seemed to appear and suddenly the two of you would be alone. It was kind of creepy how his presence seemed to ward off the others.

"Y/N, it's getting late." The sun was setting over Mermaid Beach. You had been sitting on the sand, staring out at the sea while Peter was watching from wherever he spied on you from. You didn't feel like going back yet. You were tired of being underground with nothing to do. Tired of having to spend the nights cuddled up to Peter. But at the rate the boys seemed to trust you, maybe it would be over soon. Maybe you'd be safe and out of Peter's reach sooner than you knew.

Or maybe he knew exactly what you were planning to do...