Chapter 26

A/N: The picture is how I picture Edwin (Or in other words my story's Captain Hook)
Picrew by @ravomU3U

It took a week before you were strong enough to be taken outside. Peter had carried you, wrapped in blankets, out into a sunlit clearing by a lake where you watched the boys play. They splashed about in the water giggling and yelling and having a good time. You wanted to join them. After laying bedridden for a week and finally getting over your fever you wanted nothing more than to play and make up for the time you missed. However, Peter kept you at his side, and refused to let you play. "You just got better darling. I wouldn't want you getting sick again when you're still so weak."

That was another thing. The amount of pet names Peter was using for you had increased. Everything from the classics to ones you swore he made up however, darling was his favorite. However the sudden increase in affection scared you. He was planning something. You swore it. Something was going on in that mysterious head of his, however you weren't sure what.

Later that night you'd finally managed to put the boys to bed. It had taken four stories for all of them to fall asleep. All of them were the fairytales you already knew instead of a new story made up on the spot. You felt quite drained yourself and seeing all the boys asleep made you want to join them. However, Peter rescued you from falling asleep on the floor, gently escorting you to bed. You were half asleep, in a trance but not quite in dreamland yet. It was why you felt Peter hold you close. Why you felt him pepper kisses on your forehead. Why you heard him murmur, "I can't wait to show you all my love. Just a bit longer then you'll be all mine." It was long after he drifted off that you finally fell asleep. You had to leave soon. That meant getting in touch with Wendy and Edwin again.