Chapter 50

In Y/n's mind

When I woke up I was in this strange white room that was barely confusing me about how I even got here and why there isn't anyone there. When I was able to get out of the room I saw a person walking around, so I ran after them trying to reach them to see if they could help but I failed.  I then noticed that there was a handle so I opened it to see another white room but this time it had a big trunk that was cut down.

I got closer to the trunk when I saw that the figure that I was trying to chase down was walking to the tree trunk as well but I couldn't tell who it was

I got closer to the trunk when I saw that the figure that I was trying to chase down was walking to the tree trunk as well but I couldn't tell who it was. I looked up to see if it was Alex or a figure that my brain created.

"What am I doing here?" I tell them in a whisper.

"Well, you have created a pretty good defense mechanism when it comes to trauma or just emotions that you don't want to deal with. So I was sent or created to think whatever you would like." Alex told me sarcastically

"I don't get it. I haven't gone through trauma since my time with the military," I tell them wondering if I ever suppressed memories and don't want to remember.

"There are some memories from your mother too before you joined your dad at the Compound." They tell me.

I think they noticed that I didn't believe them so they pointed their head to tell me to follow them without saying anything, so that's what I did which now I think was a bad idea. He just disappeared leaving me in a hallway with doors but they didn't have anything from the sound of it. These memories are the good ones that I didn't suppress.

Being my curious self I decided to open one of the doors to see the day that Morgan was born.

Flashback ( 4 years ago)

I got woken up by the ringing of my phone so I reached over for it and saw that my dad was calling but at this point, I hadn't seen what time it was. "Hey, dad, what's up?" I tell him as I'm still groggy but then look at the look on Alex's side of the bed to see it was only 2:03 in the morning. " because it's too early for anything that can wait until morning"

"Well if you want to wait until the morning to meet your baby sister then so be it but I just thought that you wanted to be one of the first to meet her and by the time you wake up and get your ass to the hospital you would be definitely towards the last people she meets," Tony tells me with so much sarcasm that at first, he is lying because he has done that before just to see if I would drop everything to go to the hospital and I do. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

"I will be there in like 20 minutes so don't let anyone carry her or anything because if it isn't you or Pepper Imma start throwing punches," I tell him as I start to head downstairs to get my keys and head out. I then hung up on him when I realized I forgot my wallet upstairs in my room so I ran to go get it so I don't waste any more time.

"Honey, what are you doing up in the middle of the night? Come back to bed, I miss my koala and it doesn't feel the same." Alex tells me in his baby pouty face knowing that I can't resist him.