I'll come Running back to You

Adella is finally back home after spending a few more days at the clinic. She practically had to argue with Harvey to let her go home since she was feeling better. In typical Harvey fashion, he didn't trust her that she would stay put so he's been taking trips out there every other day just to be sure.

But today, she isn't expecting him to come over since it's the Feast of the Winter Star. Adella would go but she wouldn't be able to participate in the town gift exchange since she was unconscious for nearly two weeks. Plus, she didn't mind since she count all the flowers she received as gifts.

She took this alone time to call up her dad and wish him a happy holiday and get him caught up on recent events. Normally, Adella would write letters about her life in the valley and he would write about things happening in the city.

Recently her cousin Marceline moved in with him after a major falling out between her and her mother. Adella doesn't know all the details but all she knows is that she's doing better.

"I'm happy to hear you're not dead, sweet pea," Her dad expressed relieved with a raised voice, "You need to be more careful! Remember what your grandpa told you about the mines? Always—"

"Bring a pal into the mines." They both said in unison, "I know dad, I let my curiosity get the better of me."

"It wouldn't be the first time." Marceline chimes in, "I still can't believe you passed up a doctor for someone who uh... what does Shane do again?"

"He raises chickens with his goddaughter." Adella answered.

"At least he's good with kids." She mentioned.

"Hey! I've actually been making amends with Harvey over the past few days and I think we might be getting back together." The farmer protests her cousin's claim.

"Good," Marceline starts, "Cause from what Uncle Jack told me, he's the perfect catch."

"I didn't phrase it like that, you goober." They both chuckle as Jack takes back the phone, "Sweet pea, I know I told you growing up that you don't need to be in a relationship to be happy. So if you're happy regardless that's all that matter to me."

"Thanks dad," She smiles and quickly turns her attention to a knocking at the door, "Hey, I'll talk to you guys later, okay?"

"Alright then, bye honey. Happy holidays!" Jack started then Marceline joined in before hanging up.

Adella got up from the couch and opened the door to see Harvey holding a few food containers.

"Hey! I thought you were into town for the feast?" She inquired letting him in and taking the load off his hands.

"I was," He removed his coat and mittens, "I figured I would bring you a plate since you don't come."

"Thank you, Harvey but this looks like it could feed a whole family." Adella took a good look at the amount her brought once she put it on the table.

"I-I know um..." He stammers as blush spread across his cheeks, "I just— I was hoping I could eat with you..."

She smiles happily feeling a slight flutter in her stomach, "I would like that."

They got some plates together and eat their delicious food in front of the cozy fireplace. Adella noticed throughout the meal that Harvey was acting as nervous as the time they met, maybe even more so. She forgot how cute his ticks were whenever he got all flustered. This must be her chance to get back together with him.

Harvey takes their dishes back into the kitchen and starts washing them. She took this moment to get up from her spot by the fire to retrieve a note from her bedroom that she wrote for him back when she came home from the clinic.

She walks back into the living room to see Harvey standing by the fire playing with his fingers. He didn't notice her come back until the old floor creaked as she approached the fireplace. They both meet each other's eyes wanting to get things off their chests.

"I have something to tell you." They speak in unison before letting out a laugh.

"Jinx." He smiles laughing, "You go first."

Adella smiles nervously and feels her heart beating a mile a minute, "I've been thinking and— this is going to sound crazy but... I got my fortune read at the fair and she told me to look toward the tulips for they're unconditional love." She glances down at her note, "I wrote this to organize my thoughts so I can tell you how much you mean to me... looking back it... I don't think words can do it justice." Adella looks back up at him, "All I can simply say is I'm deeply sorry for hurting you and I'll do whatever I can to make it up to you if you give me a second chance."

"Adella." Harvey breathed before quickly taking her face into his hands pressing his lips onto hers. She eagerly wrapped her arms around his neck pulling herself closer to him. He longed for the day that he would be back in her gentle embrace. His hands snaked down to the small of her back bring her body closer to his. Her fingers caressed the back of his neck sending shivers down his spine. Harvey was in complete ecstasy just from her touch alone, he exhaled a low moan before they came up for air.

The farmer softly giggled seeing his glasses all fogged up. He chuckled also as he wiped the lens on his shirt, "I almost forgot what I was gonna say," He bashfully smiles putting them back on, "Oh yeah! I'll only give you a second chance if you answer my question."

"Of course, ask me anything." Adella obliged.

"I've been thinking a lot too and this is the only way I can ask you this but," Harvey starts taking her hands and getting down on one knee, "Adella Marie Barnes, you are my sun, moon, and stars. You are the excitement to my dull day, and with you everyday is an adventure that I would love to join you everyday for the rest of my life. So, will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

She gasps covering her mouth with one hand and nods as tears run down her cheeks, "Yes," Adella croaks, "Absolutely, 100 percent yes!" She cheers nearly jumping on him and kissing him passionately.

Harvey kisses back happily. He holds her tightly as he twirls her around. They break the kiss for a moment so he can place the mermaid's pendant around her neck.

"You make me so happy," He beams running his thumb across her cheek to wipe her tears, "I wouldn't want to be with anyone else." He leans in for another kiss.

Adella kisses back and gazes into his joy filled emerald eyes. She glances further up and giggles, "Hey look, mistletoe." She points up at it.

Harvey smiles looking up, "What are the chances of that?"

"Must be good luck." She smirks.

"Must be in deed." He smiles kissing her again, truly indulging  themselves in the moment.

With wedding plans on the way, the new year for the soon-to-be newly weds will definitely be busy but their future together as husband and wife look bright.