|8|

|S1.4||Escape|

|Maddison|

|Maddison|

"We have had contact with a couple of people who know you and heard them out, asked questions and received answers under oath. We have come to a conclussion, and the verdict is..." Maddison looked at Ray with tears in her eyes while her phone was on speaker, the two of them were seated outside in his yard with papers and binders in front of them. A lawyer sitting in front of them and taking notes, "The verdict is that you may take Isabella back home..."

Maddison couldn't contain her happiness and cried out, "Is this real? Is it really!?"

"Yes Maddison, congr--"

"Maddison!"

"Maddy!"

"Wake up, babe."

"No," She groaned while a single tear slipped from her eye on her pillow and sighed sadly, "It's always the same."

"What is, babe?" Ray cuddled her closer and placed his lips against her neck.

"My dreams about Isabella,"

"Soon, Maddy, soon." He kissed her pulse-point before standing up and tugging her with him of the bed, "Come on sweetheart, up you go."

Maddison sighed while he pecked her lips and started to dress himself up for the day ahead, a shirt buttoned down as per usual and jeans hanging dangerously low on his hips. She placed her head on the palm of her hand and watched him dress while biting her bottom lip, "See anything you like, darling?" His teasing voice sounded from his closet, he cocked his head sideways while glancing towards her over his shoulder.

The only thing the girl could do was swallow harshly and hum at him, "Sorry what?"

"I asked if you wanted breakfast," His smirk told her otherwise though and she groaned out loud while closing her eyes and laid on her back, her arm thrown over her eyes.

"Shut up, Ray. That's not what you asked,"

His laughter echoed through the silent house, "Come on, get up, we have to get going."

⚜️

"Lily!" Maddison called to her sister that ran towards her with a beaming smile on her face, "How was camp today?" The small girl bounded right into her bigger sister and held her tightly around her middle, "That bad?"

"I have a boyfriend!"

Maddison's eyes widened and crouched down immediately, "Woah, what now?"

Lily nodded her head enthusiastically the wide smile not leaving her face, "Yes! It's true, I am a taken girl."

The elder smiled awkwardly back and held Lily by her hands, "Listen Lily, d-do we need to have, you know... The talk?"

Lily cocked her head to the side in confusion, "We are talking already aren't we?"