|9|

|S1.4||Escape|

|Maddison|

|Maddison|

Maddison had a weird day for a change, she had talked with Heather who was gonna talk to Bishop about her feelings for him and Ray was phoneless for the time being and she did not want to interupt him with whatever he was doing.

It was boring, especially after being used to being surounded by people almost 24/7.

Lily was at Camp, so that left Maddison with some chores around the house, she had sighed at every beer bottle and can she came across while throwing them away in the trashbag she had in her other hand. She could not believe that someone could consume that much without appearing in a hospital regularly.

The silence was interupted by her phone ringing and she was not proud to say that she almost dived to get it, "Maddison speaking."

"Athena!"

She sighed already regretting in answering the phone, "Natalie, what can I do for you?"

"Tell your sister to get out of my bed and stop wallowing,"

"Why? What happened? Did it not go well with Bishop?" She immediately stopped with what she was doing and tugged her shoes on, "I will be there in 10."

"No, well yes." Natalie sighed, "But she doesn't want to come to the player's ball."

"So, what is the problem?"

She could hear Natalie curse on the other hand, "You are impossible Maddison."

"Excuse me? Just because I have responsibilities doesn't make me impossible, give me Heather." Sometimes Maddison could not stand Natalie, other times she could deal with her but barely.

"Athena? He told me that he did not want our friendship to change..." Maddison could hear the tears at bay and sat down before speaking to her sister.

"Listen, the best relationships are made out of friendship, do not let it go over this." She heard that she wanted to interupt Maddison but she was not finished yet, "No I am not finished yet, does is occur to you that, maybe he is scared as well? It's not nothing and it takes a lot of risks with it, but you two keep dancing around each other. Let me guess, you told him the same thing he said? Yeah, you know that's actually the insecurity talking. He wanted more, you wanted more, but you both could not tell each other. Go to the party and talk to him, man up and confess your sins." She joked in the end but sobered up quickly, "Remember, what Ray and I have now, we did not have in the beginning. It did not grow over night, for us it took years to get together. Don't let our mistake happen again through you,"

It was silent on the other end and she knew right then and there that they had put her on speaker, "Okay, I-I will go and confront him."

"That's the spirit! Now," Maddison groaned while looking around the living room that was still a mess. "I am gonna go and finish up cleaning the house before doing the laundry, have fun you two."