The Sorrowful Journey Begins

Clank.

Thunk.

[Heavy sighing]

The sword is dropped to ground. The king himself, Dark Cacao Cookie has dropped it's sword to the ground, even if it's really heavy and unbreakable. The Watchers and Caramel Arrow Cookies have gasped and covered their mouths with hands, shaking and scared. Pure Vanilla has covered Custard the III's eyes and started to sob. Even the young king is really confused, however, Pure Vanilla Cookie has promised to tell him later.

As Dark Cacao watched his own son, sitting on ground, leaning the walls, with his abdomen filled with strawberry jam, his eyes are closed. His armour is gone, however; his hood still remains. Even if it's hidden, the father quickly recognized his son. He ran quickly to Dark Choco Cookie and kneeled to his height. His eyes are remained closed. Dark Cacao put his hands on Dark Choco's cheeks, however, he also checked on the wounds filled with strawberry jam, almost filled the ground of a ruined place. The father starts to sob and mourn. "Dark Choco Cookie," He called the wounded cookie. "Don't close your eyes on me," He is shaking, hugged his son despite of the strawberry jam dirtying his armour. "You're safe. You're safe, with me, son."

The wounded Cookie doesn't respond, doesn't say a single word meanwhile his father is mourning, telling him to wake up, and told Pure Vanilla to heal the wounds Dark Choco Cookie has. He did, healed his wounds with his staff and his healing hands on him. It is quickly healed, however, the result keeps the same, saddening Pure Vanilla Cookie.

Dark Cacao Cookie looked at Pure Vanilla with his eyes filled with tears of despair, then to his son. "This is not what.. I wished for." He said looking down to the ground with strawberry jam.

"Your Majesty.. we can call for more healers, they will come in quick moment." The first Watcher, Caramel Arrow Cookie, offered him a plentiful of idea to help Dark Cacao calm down. Meanwhile mourning and hugging his son, he nodded. Caramel Arrow Cookie nodded and called the Watchers to follow her and left.

Now it's remaining with the group of heroes and Pure Vanilla Cookie with Dark Cacao Cookie.. and Dark Choco Cookie. "Son, son.. I have.. a lot of regrets. I'm sorry, son." Dark Cacao continued to speak to him despite of his son slowly dying.

At this sudden, his left eye is slowly opening, with weak force. Pure Vanilla and Gingerbrave noticed it. They both looked themselves and nodded, leaving Pure Vanilla to tell him. "Dark Cacao, he is trying to not close his eyes on you," He smiled with hope. "He misses you."

Dark Cacao Cookie noticed him opening his eyes. The face of the father smiled a bit, but he continued to cry. Dark Choco Cookie is trying to open his red eye, and looked at his father hugging himself. "F..ath..er.." He finally spoke weakly, looking at his father.

"Son, don't speak." He said looking at Dark Choco Cookie, then to Pure Vanilla Cookie once finished speaking, indicating him to heal him up with his staff, so he did with phenomenal effort. "You'll be fine, I'm here, son.. you're safe with me."

Caramel Arrow Cookie has came back with the Watchers and the healers, leading them to Dark Cacao and Dark Choco Cookie. The healers gasped and went for work at immediately, singing the lullaby and bandaging Dark Choco Cookie meanwhile the others are healing him with their natural powers. They also did phenomenal work healing Dark Choco Cookie. One of them has found the cause of this incident, they found a small crack of mini spear shapes, all red and broken; some of the spears remains at it's perfect shape. They put the bandages to his abdomen, and the face. They found a crack on his face, and the stomach, causing them to be difficult to make Dark Choco Cookie stay alive.

"Your majesty, we did our work, I need you.. to head your son to his room," One of the healers spoke to Dark Cacao who us sitting on side of Dark Choco Cookie. He nodded and agreed. He got up from sitting, and picked the sword he dropped earlier ago, putting it on his shoulder. Then, he grabbed and picked Dark Choco Cookie with princess style, to support him and also not hurt him. "Let's go." Dark Cacao spoke, as Caramel Arrow Cookie, the Watchers, Pure Vanilla Cookie and the team of scavengers followed him to the Dark Cacao Kingdom from a dark house in ruins.

It was difficult due of the wilderness. Snow lions, Cake hounds roaming rarely, and even one giant one still roaming around as called by The Frozen Peak Prowler, luckily they didn't encounter it.

On during the walk, Dark Choco Cookie who is being held by his father, started to shudder. The father noticed him. It's understandable as outside is snowing and windy outside causing him to freeze meanwhile wounded. He walked more quicker, so his followers did. Dark Choco Cookie couldn't see anymore, he decided to close his eyes.

Just after some minutes, they are finally here in Dark Cacao Kingdom, as Dark Cacao Cookie rushed to Dark Choco Cookie's old throne and room going trough stairs and sides. The Watchers are protecting him from the villagers of the Kingdom being concerned of father handling the son with wounds. The healers are following the father as well. Once they are in the room, the father put his son on the bed, letting the healers heal Dark Choco Cookie. One of the healers hesitated and told him to leave from the room for minutes, as Dark Cacao Cookie nodded and left from the room, meeting Pure Vanilla Cookie and Caramel Arrow Cookie.

"I'm sorry Dark Cacao," As the mentioned looked away and grieved when Pure Vanilla called him, saddened. His staff is looking away from both cookies, to the ground. "He will be fine." As Pure Vanilla Cookie said, Caramel Arrow Cookie agreed with him, with a nod and smile.

"This is my fault," He spoke with low, and sad voice. "I should be understanding him better, and give him enough love. Now look on him, just near to crumbles." Dark Cacao sighed and looked away, walking trough two cookies. For a moment, he stopped himself. "Even I didn't notice him fighting against the darkness until now." Then he continued walking to his throne, leaving both cookies alone.

Pure Vanilla looked down. Caramel Arrow Cookie looked his Majesty walk away to his throne then closed her eyes. After a moment, a healer opened the doors.

"Pure Vanilla Cookie and The First Watcher?" The mentioned looked being to the healer, who opened the doors and at sudden, the face is just a smile. "Please come to the Prince's room, we have news to tell." Both cookie nodded and entered the room.

At the room, it's all dark, the curtains are always closed, so as there's some lights lighting the room from the dark, four healers talking in ground away from the bed, and on the bed.. here's the Prince, Dark Choco Cookie, laying down. On walls, there was some old portraits of himself and his father's. Pure Vanilla smiled when he saw the portraits hanging on the walls.

The healers sighed. "Our Majesty, the Prince, is currently fine, however, his body is in critical as he is about to be in crumbles," Pure Vanilla gasped and Caramel Arrow Cookie looked away, covering her mouth. The healer is saddened, but happy knowing the fact he is still alive. "The issue is, someone has placed the curse on him. This won't affect his body but this will affect his mind."

Another healer joined to continue the explanation. "From what I know, it's called re-traumatizing, but without the host and the target. He's the, ahem, target.. himself." The healer looked away when they mention it.

Pure Vanilla is speechless. Caramel Arrow Cookie is done, as she decided to leave the room for her good. The group of healers has re-grouped as one of the healers asked for a excuse for them to leave as Pure Vanilla excused them, leaving with himself and Dark Choco Cookie.

Pure Vanilla cookie sat with chair on side of the bed, watching him sleep, and recover. However, as he watches the bandages on his abdomen, stomach and lastly the face hurts him even more as he did. "Poor Cookie," He softly spoke with calming voice, putting his hand on Dark Choco's. "You're cold." He smiled as he found a blanket sitting on a sofa, as he went for it and picked it for later put the blanket on Dark Choco. However, Dark Choco's reaction is a smile after Pure Vanilla has put the blanket on him.

The he sat on the chair, waiting for him silently.