Post-Credits「2」- Margin of Error

𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐎𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲

𓄹 𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 𓄼

"This...this was probably a mistake."

Steve drops the pile of newspapers, photographs, and printed articles that depict the battle of Greenwich, where Y/N Skaraeith, Thor Odinson, a recently fired and newly hired S.H.I.E.L.D analyst, and three extraterrestrial beings—one of them was a goddamn lion—made headlines fighting a species vaguely known as the Dark Elves. He rubs the bottom of his chin, examining one of the photos that poorly capture the visage of renowned Jane Foster and Erik Selvig together, racing out of a collapsing building. He hadn't been expecting this kind of meeting so early in the morning, dreading the idea that while the rest of the Avengers were gathered around the table at nine in the morning to deal with the damages, those responsible were reportedly nowhere on Earth.

Fury exasperatedly rubs the bridge of his nose, tossing away a briefing report that had come from the infamous analyst, who went by the name Miss Yalina. She had expressed her remorse and made a list of her demands in exchange for her services in saving the world, and Steve knew that Fury dreaded the idea of either agreeing or refusing. Tony claps a hand across Steve's shoulder, sharing a beaming grin with Natasha, who didn't appear to be the least bit fazed over what had transpired in London.

"I say she's doing great for her first day, wouldn't you agree?" Tony slides a hand across the table to procure an article that he began to read aloud, "'...And although the idea of not being alone in the universe may disturb the public, where monsters and aliens—who don't always appear as small and green—pose a threat to our mundane life, it is the Avengers Initiative who have overcome, and even originated from those stellar roots. Old acquaintances and new faces, beginning with Y/N Skaraieth, a being known as an Amisian, who was only recently introduced to the public after Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, and Natasha Romanoff's expedition. At first, thought to pose a threat to national security, instead proved to be an ally as revered astrophysicist Jane Foster reported that Y/N and her extraterrestrial companions helped in the annihilation of the Dark Elves.' Okay, I'll admit. It's a little sugar-coated, but this is as good as it's gonna get for her. This is a good starting point."

Natasha snatches the article from Tony's hands before tearing it in half, "Good for us, not for her. I don't think Y/N ever intended to make herself known to the general public at all, only with our officials just to make sure she doesn't get shot out of the sky. The United Nations panel now wants to use her identity as an opportunity; to make her a weapon. Thor can come and go as he pleases because, well, he's a god. But Y/N?"

"Sorry, Tony. But I do agree with Natasha," Steve says despondently, gesturing haphazardly towards the leaning pile of news and reports, "Remember what the other Amisians called her when we were there? Her reputation as a 'conqueror' or the 'Wild Star' doesn't sound very good at all. If she truly does want this and stay, we need to wait for her and Wendell Vaughn to return to Earth."

Fury releases a disgruntled groan, "And where the hell is she now?"

"We couldn't get in contact with Wendell directly, but I did receive a communique. It was sent to my office two hours ago," Steve says, fishing into his pocket to show a red card before reading the inscription, "'Y/N Skaraeith of Amis has gone to Knowhere of the Exitar colony. She has business to attend to but will return in three days with S.H.I.E.L.D agent Wendell Vaughn. Steven Rogers and the Avengers Initiative, please inform the Wild Star that she has been selected to become an emissary for the Pryvasha Creed. Best regards, Kostel Vezathe.' I assume they're a friend of Y/N's. But I'm not entirely sure what the...Pryvasha Creed is...or who Kostel might be."

"It could mean anything, there's a ton of rules, regulations, employs, and groups back on Amis we don't know about. I wouldn't worry about it too much," Tony shrugs with a coy grin and reclines back in his chair, "So, what happens now? Y/N's off-planet for three more days and she's gonna, what, become an Avenger?"

Nick adjusts the lapel of his black leather coat, "If that's what the United Nations panel wants, and if that's what Y/N Skaraeith agrees to do. I'll set up some guidelines to ensure making her a 'weapon' isn't on their agenda. Stark and I already broke our backs enough over that."

"Yep, we're old men, Fury. Where did the years go?" Steve nearly flinches when Fury uproots himself from his seat and begins to stride towards the door, finally calling an end to the meeting.

Steve, however, lurches halfway out of his seat, "If she does agree to it, how about I bring her to my next mission? Who better than me to watch out for her and show her the ropes? I'll even get the chance to give her the card in person..."

"Fine." It was a curt yet satisfying response from Fury before the door of the conference room slammed behind him.

"This is gonna go well," Natasha hums amusedly—with some measure of sarcasm in her tone—as she halts from spinning idly in her chair, "By the way, who the hell gave you that card? If they were one of Y/N's friends, where are they now?"

Steve blinks as he examines the front and back of the card, "Actually...I don't know. It just showed up."

[Y/N] will return.