Family Issues

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐒𝐲𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐲, 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲

𓄹 𝐘/𝐍 𓄼

The eventful night finally passes and ushers in the light of a new dawn. The sunrise is a sacred and daily phenomenon. As the light of the golden sun shined upon the capital of Amis known as the Echealion, its radiant streaks reached far across mountains and valleys. They stretch across the snow-capped mountains of northern Terius to the Nyrreian isles to the south—where the Skaraeith palace was illuminated in the middle.

True-blooded Amisians have learned that since birth, the light was a symbol; a symbol of hope and peace. Their supposed descendants who long ago destroyed them—the Skaraeith dynasty—took the liberty of following up on the promise of tomorrow. King Ramses had taken the mantle after the death of his father Anath Skaraeith, where Ramses had hoped that sometime in the future, the honor would pass to his eldest daughter.

Y/N wasn't even halfway out of her bed chambers before she was suddenly attacked by a weight that wrapped around her legs, a fit of bubbly laughter filling her ears. Startled, Y/N peeked down to see her youngest half-brother Wisp embracing her, where Y/N could only assume that her other half-siblings were not far behind. The eastern wing of the palace was supposed to be unoccupied at a time like this, it was far too early in the morning. Yet, even despite the ungodly hour of dawn, the Skaraeith children had snuck their way to meet her, eager for her presence.

"You're late!" Wisp exclaimed, laughing into her hair as Y/N promptly scooped him up in her arms and pressed a kiss to his head.

"It's barely morning," Y/N reminded, her voice still heavy with sleep, "If anything, I'm too early."

Looking over, she could see her other siblings enter the parlor from behind Wisp. Morok, Cyran, Yven, Faerryne, and Davraya came to her side and all but coddled their dear elder sister, practically swarming to her legs while laughing and smiling. It was way too early for this, she wants to say but ultimately decides to keep those words to herself and greet them all.

"We tried making him wait a bit longer," Morok informs with a sigh, "But he couldn't help himself. Even promised him extra fruitcakes after dinner if he was patient. But..."

"They'll give it to me, anyway." Wisp giggled, earning a slow hand ruffling through his hair.

Today was a special occasion; family-bonding, one could say. The siblings would venture behind the Echealion palace to the White Hollow woods, a place that had become the children's own personal training and playground—so long as they didn't end up destroying the forestry, of course. Y/N has made that point all too clear.

The grounds were shrouded in towering white trees with blood-red leaves. Their father once refuted that those trees were the unmarked graves of soldiers who once fought in those woods, but unlike Y/N who believed the tale, her other siblings dismissed it as purely fiction. They could not deny the mysticality within the woods, however, finding an abundance of strange and peculiar creatures like wyverns and lorns have made it their home.

For some reason on this peculiar day, Y/N ruminates on the cause of what could've kept her from being so enthusiastic. Unlike before, she would have loved to spend the day with her siblings, helping them train and polishing their skills. However, Y/N found that the fatigue she endured the previous night—after her fight—she was weary of the thought that they might've looked at her differently. After what she had done; she nearly killed him.