Planet Amis

𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡

𓄹 𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐒𝐄𝐒 𓄼

"After all these years, you're still anxious,"

A woman's voice, strong with reproach traveled and echoed throughout the narrow stone walls. The man who listened to its rumbling resonance merely chuckled. Here, they paid homage deep in the labyrinth made of old tunnels made by older gods. The stone foundations around them were preserved and well-kept from mud, dust, and blood, unlike the battlefield that lay directly above the chambers.

"Pity to the gods, how on Amis did those fools think this was good enough?" Another wave of venom left through her hissing teeth, followed by a goldenly-braided and crowned head shaking in frustration.

The lady's fingers worked their way up a loosened piece of silk fabric, curling and twisting to mend some of the unkempt creases. She would have a stern word to whoever decided to allow such distasteful attire for her husband to ever see the light of day. Although he could agree that he was not very fond of the dark cravat, he rather appreciated their efforts during such a momentous occasion.

"It can be forgiven," The man soothed, taking her clamoring hands, "It's not as bad as my heartbeat—like the wings of a dragon on the first day of sunblight."

"Yet, a dragon can move a little faster with wings, can't it?" The woman inquired bitterly, bringing her hands away from his warm affections.

Her eyes lingered to the distance, almost not wanting to pull away just yet, now reveling in the light that was just beyond the pitch-black labyrinth gates. Their steel-pointed ends that resembled ready lances of war were failing to give her some lingering hope that they could somehow pull this off. She wouldn't stoop so low as to lie about her heart that was just as rampant and pounding as her husband's. She was scared, too.

"Are they ready?" She asked softly, careful as to make sure her voice did not drift into the light, where an audience lay in their wake.

She could see them, the crowd writhing and eager in their seats to watch blood and honor—to watch them; their beloved king and queen, the rulers of this world.

"Our youngest is a bit...timorous. But I'm sure he can appeal once we've announced him."

"He better," She uttered in a low voice, pausing as the woman's curiosity had gotten the best of her—unwanted curiosity.

"And what of our eldest?"

"Welcome, Planet Amis!"

An orotund voice, accompanied by a deafening mantra of cheers and praise that had rumbled throughout every reach across the golden planet, had reverberated from the grandeur of the Solstice Arena. Creatures with a variety of looks—ranging from strangely otherworldly to ethereally charming—were ravenous and vehement for this occasion. Their eager eyes had been gathering every little inch of the field below the marble rails and the golden staircases, where a group—a family had basked in their rampant audience.

All eyes were on them—the ruler of this world and many others; the Skaraeith family.

The crowd's energy, taken into the form of fervent raps against the stone edges of steps, condemned the female Krylorian MC to begin the show. Their writhing and excited wriggling never derived from a unslakable bloodlust, but to merely show their enthusiasm for the home that kept them alive and thriving for so long. The prosperity of Amis was bountiful, and any fool who disturbed those eons of peace and quiet, wouldn't have known better until their fate was met with the swing of an axe.