Chapter 5: Pain and Joy

Preston explained everything to your aunt, she's not shock honestly. She knows you have an attitude of following all orders so it didn't shock her, but the thing she was confused about is, why did you followed Keeley immediately? You follow immediately to your mom or dad. You follow your aunts and uncles too but you made sure you have your parent's consent.

"I see" She looked at you. "I'm really sorry Jenna, I didn't know she have Agarophobia" Preston explained. For some reason, it was your aunt's fault too for not saying this. "It's my fault either for not saying this" She patted your head "and I'm sorry" Preston walked closely to you, and caresses you hear.

Your aunt gazed to the door and saw Keeley, Josh and Caleb to the door. They looked sorry for this, they know that there brother would be angry about this. Preston gazed to the door when he saw your aunt gazing at it. He saw his siblings, his blood was boiling. He looked to Brianna and become angry too. Preston kissed your forehead and stands up. "Jenna, could you look out for Y/N in a moment" Preston looked at his wife "I'll just take care of something" then he gestured Brianna and his siblings to walk out of the room and go downstairs.

Once they reached downstairs, your aunt tried to eavesdrop. "What the heck guys, What the heck?" Preston almost yelled. Brianna flinched a bit and walked backed a bit. "Why would you let that Brianna, why?" Preston gazed angry at her. "As you said Preston none of us know" She tried defending but she knows it was wrong "But you could have known better Bri" Preston held his forehead because of the stress.

"And you guys" He gestured to his siblings "what got into you of her pranking me?" He asked sternly. Keeley bit her lip because of the fear she's feeling right now "I thought it would be-" Keeley was cut off by Preston "A good prank? You thought it will be A GOOD PRANK?" Preston yelled the last part. All of them tensed in his actions.

Your aunt head to your room again, she saw you moving and your eyes are fluttering, meaning to say is your about to wake up, she immediately head towards you and checked if there's anything bad but happy to say there's not. Once you opened your eyes, your greeted by your aunts happy and exited face and you sat down "Y/N, I'm happy that your awake" She hugged you and you hugged her back, the two of you pulled away "I'll call them, stay here okay?" You nodded to assure you. She head out of the room and walked down stairs.

When your aunt reached the stairs, she still hears shouting, she walked down and faced them "She's awake" Preston looked like he saw a ghost, he didn't know your aunt arrived but he's happy to hear that your awake, he ran upstairs and saw you sitting on the bed. He head towards you and hugged you so tight "I'm sorry, I scared you" You heard his voice cracked, tears are already in the corners of his eyes "Don't worry Dad, I forgive you" He pulled away from the hug and saw your big and happy smile.

Brianna peeked through the door and saw the both of you with a smile, she doesn't want to disturb your father and daughter moment so she walked away, unfortunately you saw her and call her to come. "Mom" She walked towards you and hugged you tightly, you felt the warm hug of a mother but also insecurity?

Your mom pulled out of the hug a show you a wide smile but you believe that behind that wide smile is a pained frowned that she doesn't want to show. You looked at your Dad and show an unreadable expression, you can't see if he's happy or not. You looked at your Aunt and she showed a worried expression, and that only means one thing. They got into a fight.

Your aunt looked at the clock and saw it's almost time for dinner. Your aunt walked closely to you and asked "Do you want me to cook for dinner?" Your eyes lighten up, you always love your aunt's cooking second best to your biological mom but still you love it. "Yes please" You said in a gentle and happy tone.

Your aunt smiled, she always know how to bring the sun in you always "So what meal do you want me to cook?" She asks softly. You think on what she can cook for you tonight but you can't choose. Everything that she cooks are AMAZING.

"How about Chicken Adobo?" You asked. "Ok, I'll check if there are any ingredients for it, if not I'll head out to get them, okay?" You nodded in response. If we're talking about Filipino Cuisine this meal is one of your favorites. Actually this is you number 1 favorite among all of the Filipino Dishes. You aunt walked out of your room to get what she needed.

Back to your parents they have weird expressions "What's Adobo Y/N?" Your mom asked "It's a dish in the Philippines where a lot of Filipino's eat it. It's very easy to cook and it comes with different variants like fish or pork." You answered. Your Mom still has her weird expression but it changes a bit to a smile.

Your Mom looked at your Dad and immediately their expression changes your still confused why? Your Dad gestured to your Mom to walk out of the door with him. Once they get out the room, you immediately got up from your bed and decided to follow them and eavesdrop at them. After finding a right place to hide you didn't like what you heard.

"Are you still angry?" Angry? why would Dad be angry? "What do you think Bri?" His voice was cold and rough and with a mix of anger? "But she's awake now" Are they talking about you? "She is but that doesn't hide the fact the this happened because of US" He yelled the last word, he was in the verge of tears. Why would they blame their selves? You already had that phobia ever since you were a kid

"Preston" Brianna's soft voice released her from mouth, she held his shoulders to comfort him "I was scared, she's the only chance that can make us parents. The moment she fainted I thought all of my dreams to have a family disappeared" He's crying once again, Bria hugged Preston to comfort him.

"I was never angry at you or my siblings" He faced her to talk to her formally "I was angry at myself for not knowing this for myself" Brianna looked at him and held his cheek "We didn't know Preston, and besides Jenna said that we can be careful next time" She comforted him.

They're in each other's arms for a minute before pulling away "Didn't you felt insecure?" He asked, Brianna was confused "About what?" Preston held her cheek "I saw you, when Jenna mentioned her favorite. You frowned" Brianna knows to herself it's true that she was insecure

Looking from upstairs, you didn't know they felt like this, Scared, Frightened and Insecure. You walk gently to the stairs so they won't notice you, gently tip-toing.

Meanwhile back at Preston and Brianna, they're still in a hug but not tight enough to talk to each other, it's more like an embrace than a hug. "So what are we going to tell her?" Brianna asked softly "The thing she needed to know" Preston and Brianna are supposed to hug each other again until a voice speak

"Mom, Dad"

Preston and Brianna jolted when they heard you "How long you've been there Y/N?" Preston asked, you walked closely to them and answered "Just enough to hear what needed to be heard" You said gently, pausing for a moment then started to continue to talk again "You don't need to feel guilty Mom, Dad. You didn't know I had that phobia I guess I take part on that" Taking a deep breath then started to focus your gaze on your mom "And Mom, you don't need to feel insecure that you don't know my favorite, we're only new to each other so its expected"

Brianna's eyes are on the brink of tears again, your words sent comfort to the both of them, walking near to you she replied "That's the point Y/N we are new to each other, meaning to say I want the both of us to know each other more" You looked at her, eyes starting to tear then you give her a hug "Then let's know each other" You muttered in a volume that both of them can hear.

Pulling out of the hug you gazed at your Dad and giving him a hug as well. "You don't need to be sorry Dad" You looked at him his tears are starting "No one knows and its understandable" He hugs you tightly.

Preston gestured Brianna to join the hug and of course she understands and joined it. The three of you stayed in that hug for a couple of minutes. After pulling out of the hug. The both of them kiss your forehead.

I guess everything turned out fine you said in your mind, after a couple of minutes your aunt arrived and brought the ingredients for dinner. You and your Mom head to the kitchen and started to help her. You smiled that everything turned out fine

See, there's no problem that cannot be solved without a proper talk.