✷ C O R R U P T I O N ✷

When Tom wakes up in his bed, something is very very wrong

Firstly: he is not in the Slytherin dorms. He's in a large, singular room with one bed (his own?). A room that reflects many of the chambers he's stayed at in different pureblood manses over the summer: there's a writing desk next to a small library and chaise. A fireplace in the corner of the room. A large wardrobe with serpents and runes carved out of the dark wood. He even sees a door, ajar, to his right that seems to lead to a private bathroom.

"What the fuck?" It comes out involuntarily, how could it not? He's not in the Slytherin Boys dorms, he's in these unknown quarters wearing–

Oh Salazar, what is he wearing?

He is no longer wearing his sensible button up pajamas, but rather he's in his...His underclothes. Wearing nothing at all but his underclothes! The scandal! What if some young plucky heroine were to walk in suddenly and see his bare chest! His suddenly very buff, muscular chest and broad shoulders and abs and biceps even though he's been skinny and malnourished all his life!

What a strange fear to have. He has no idea why it came up in his head.

When Tom looks in the wardrobe, he finds clothes that fit him. When he looks around the room he finds his own supplies and prefect badge–Except...Except it's not a prefect badge, it's Head Boy?

Ah, so he's dreaming. Right then–

Pinching himself does nothing. Trying to force himself awake does nothing.

"What the fuck?" He's repeating himself. That's not good.

He wanders outside the door: the room appears to be located in one of the Slytherin dormitories many corridors...Funny. He didn't think they had a singular room like this for anyone other than Head of House...

The strangeness doesn't stop there. When he tells his fellow snakes good morning, instead of returning his smile, they...cower. Look at him with surprise and shock and fear and scurry to get out of his way. As if he had threatened to eat them instead of greeted them.

He sits among his normal retinue at breakfast, intent on poking them to see if they're experiencing any strangeness when– "...Where's Ximena?" He doesn't see her anywhere.

"Ximena?" Hedwig squints at him, "Who the fuck is that?"

Nemesis looks too concerned, like maybe she's thinking about checking him into an asylum. "Do you mean Simone, Tom?"

"Who?"

The whole table is quiet now, looking at him.

"Have you hit your head?" Evan whispers to him, low so the others can't hear, "Or been hit with a confundo?"

"I am quite fine." Tom huffs, "Have you all been hit with a confundo? How could you forget about Ximena?"

Blank looks. Confused looks. "Do you mean Simon–"